BOSTON (CBS) – Here is some of the news circling around the NFL.
– Carson Palmer’s trade to the Oakland Raiders was a surprise to everyone but it was a real surprise to current Raiders quarterback Jason Campbell. Campbell suffered a shoulder injury and that’s why the Raiders went looking for a QB in the first place. He was just waking up from his surgery when he heard the news.
“I was halfway still on pain medicine,” Campbell said. “It was kind of a moment of silence. My fiancée looked at me to see if I was gonna say something. There’s different things that go through your mind but you don’t want to fill your mind with those thoughts.”
Jason stayed right on his positive path. He said he wants to be supportive of his new teammate and at the same time, make sure he has a quick recovery to get back in the game.
– So I guess sometimes the media does get to certain players. Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis was on a radio show in New York. It was WFAN and the host was Mike Francesa. Mike insisted that Revis’ 100-yard interception against the Dolphins last week, that he returned for a touchdown, should not have happened. Mike thought it was pass interference.
“Do you know football or are you good at interviewing?” Revis asked Francesa.
“You are still the only one in the world who doesn’t think that was a penalty,” Francesa said.
The two went back and forth for a couple of minutes and the discussion started to become heated. Revis was eventually told by Jared Winley, a member of the Jets’ PR staff, to hang up the phone, ending the interview with Francesa, who has a strained relationship with the Jets.
– Here is just another indication that the NFL does not get it. Last week Sunday, Pittsburgh Steelers safety Troy Polamalu sustained a concussion during the game. It was a very scary moment. When he finally made it to the sidelines, he found a cell phone and called his wife to let her know he was okay. The NFL fined Troy ten thousand dollars for that phone call. Steelers coach Mike Tomlin had hoped the NFL would not fine Troy. “It wasn’t a personal call. He wasn’t checking on his bank account,” Tomlin said Tuesday. “He was talking to his wife to let her know that he was fine.” League officials stated cell phones are not allowed on team sidelines. Troy told them it was the cell phone of the team doctor.
– Soccer 6 checks in this week and we are bringing back the “King of Pop.” 6 tells us that Michael Jackson’s daughter is being recruited to be the face of the Lingerie Football League. Paris is 13 and she the first female, in her LA private school, to join the flag football squad. So when the Lingerie Football League got wind of this, they went right after her. A couple of things here. First at 13, Paris is already much tougher that her dad ever was. How 6 found this story is crazy but there has to be laws against 13-year old females, dressing up in lingerie and playing football. I mean this is not Toddlers and Tiara’s, this is the LFL. Maybe when they announce her, she can come out to “Jam”, “Beat it”, or better yet “PYT’. I bet she would have a hell of a touchdown dance though… Heee Heee
– More from 6 and here’s a shocker, there are already rumors that Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries are splitting. REALLY!!!! So everybody check their ticket and who pick they would be together for “no time at all”. 6 says those rumors are false though. The couple is moving some of the boxes out of their NYC pad and moving them back to L.A. There are a lot of questions also because Kris doesn’t wear his wedding ring. Soccer says he is just not a fan of jewelry. First and foremost 6, he doesn’t wear his wedding ring because he is planning an escape. Kris is trying to leave that marriage with the quickness. He not a fan of jewelry and not a fan of crazy and Kim is a big heaping mess of CRAZY.
– And finally, 6 tells us Jessica Simpson is pregnant. Her and soon to be hubby Eric Johnson are expecting. 6 says Johnson is an ex-football player but nobody actually knows where this dude played or what position he played in. Somebody is suspect. He’s not playing now and I am not sure if he has a job. Ladies and gentleman we have the new Kevin Federline. Johnson is famous for nothing. He’s a genius and 6 is priceless.
Thanks everybody for reading, and thank you Soccer 6.