Weather Alert Monday: Snow During Morning Commute | Forecast |

Police Chief Arrested In Truro On DWI Charges

TRURO (CBS) – Truro’s Police Chief is on leave and facing charges after the town says he was arrested for drunk driving in his police cruiser.

According to a statement from police, Chief John Lundborn crashed his cruiser Friday night in North Truro. No one was injured and no other cars were involved.

Ludborn was arrested by officers at the scene.

He has been placed on administrative leave pending the investigation.

Lieutenant Kyle Takakjian will take over the department chief duties for the time being.

Comments

1. al4624 says:

now thats something you don’t see everyday….what an idiot!

2. chilitokid says:

point 08 exactly what is it? When am I at it? When am I over it? You can tell me all you want not to drink after one beer and my response will be then why isn’t the law zero tolerance? Sadly, when a police chief gets a dui you know there’s a problem. I bet he didn’t know what a point 08 is either.

3. alan says:

Good for the officer. Hope his career isn’t ruined for it!

1. Lori says:

I am just glad his fellow officers didn’t cover it up… you know, the good ole boys! You hope his career isn’t ruined??? He is supposed to be abiding by the same laws he enforces. He is a hypocrite if he doesn’t and shouldn’t have the jo to begin with.

4. billbranch says:

Disgraceful but let’s hear about more texters and cell phonies getting fined. They’re rge real menace.

5. NMV says:

It is about time police are charged with Drunk Driving! There is a double standard that is prevalant out there. The cop that just busted you for dwi last night, just went out tonight and did the same thing! No one is above the Law! I hope he loses his job and his license