Brown ‘Not Worried’ About Poll Showing Dead Heat With Warren

BOSTON (CBS) – A new poll shows a close race between U.S. Senator Scott Brown and Harvard law professor Elizabeth Warren. But Brown says he is not worried.

WBZ NewsRadio 1030’s Kim Tunnicliffe reports

The UMass Lowell-Boston Herald poll has Brown leading Warren 41-to-38 percent. It’s considered a dead heat because the difference is within the poll’s margin of error of 3.8 percent.

WBZ-TV’s Jim Smith reports

Brown told WBZ NewsRadio 1030 Monday he has more important things to focus on right now.

“I’m going to have an opponent in November and I’m going to continue to do my job and work on the very important things people care about and that’s jobs, job creation and, it’s what, 13 months away? I’m not worried about polls, never have been.”

U.S. Rep. Niki Tsongas endorsed Warren Monday.

City Year co-founder Alan Khazei, state Rep. Tom Conroy, immigration attorney Marisa DeFranco, Newton resident Herb Robinson; and Robert Massie are also running.

The Democrats will hold their first debate in the race Tuesday.

Comments

1. gramps says:

Scott is ready…His pickup is tuned..

Brown is use to being out numbered by women @ home, by a factor of 3 to 1…..
    A game of ‘one on one’ is right in his wheelhouse!

Does ‘Liz’ like out door hockey @ the ‘Fens’ in Janurary?

gramps

1. TTSutton says:

“Scott” and “Liz?” Who do you think you are? I think Senator Brown and Ms. Warren are more appropriate.

1. gramps says:

Obviously ‘TT’ doesn’t stand for ‘totally talented’…

It’s political correctness, like yours,that has set this country down the TUBES!

Did you have a date for your prom?

gramps

2. TTSutton says:

That’s political correctness, just old fashioned manners. If you know them personally, you call them by first name. If not, then you don’t. My high school prom was 56 years ago and I did have a date.

1. gramps says:

Thank you ‘ Miss Manners’….&….Congrats on the date!

gramps

2. gramps says:

It has become impossible to put a few hundred words together today without offending someone.

Political correctness is one of the biggest problems facing this country. America was a better place when we all knew how to laugh at ourselves & ‘Archie Bunker’…. as he pointed out our weaknesses every week…..

Imagine all the TV shows that could no longer be made today……If Sheriff Taylor were to take ‘Opie’ to the wood shed today, Barney would have to arrest him….I remember when the ‘Mouseketeers’ graduated from Disney to do beach movies…. Now they go from Disney to the tabloids….

I remember when teachers were in charge….

I’m glad I have more years behind me than in front.

Go Pats

gramps

2. The Truth says:

Polls are used to shape public opinion, not to show public opinion

3. taxedout says:

MS Warren, backs the Gov on NOT using the Secure communities!!!! Just what we need Another Dem!!!

4. Pedey says:

Please go back to stats class. This poll does not show a dead heat. Brown is leading by 3 points. With a margin of error of 3.8%, he is equally likely to be leading by 6.8% as he is to be trailing by 0.8%. With polls starting to dominate the news, please learn what the numbers mean before writing headlines.

5. Bruce says:

Polls remind me of the old expression “Liars figure and Figures lie”

6. Bruce says:

Sorry Ms Warren and Ms Defranco….just what we don’t need more people who think like Mr Patrick

7. Nosgood4me says:

Harvard / politics .no thanks

8. joni says:

I looked at 5 different state poles and Brown was ahead 5 point in all of them.

9. emom says:

AHHH the old days were so much better, things would have been dealt with and things would have been fixed,, greed was not a problem but people matterd. Yes teachers cared and taught our rchildren, and dad brought home more than bacon, lofe was grand life was great and life was wonderful,,, then the politicians came in as messed it all up..

Gramps you truely are correct. :-)