Missing Teen Found Disoriented In Dedham

WRENTHAM (CBS) – Matthew Glass, the 17-year-old from Wrentham who had been missing since Tuesday was found in Dedham Thursday night.

“This is the best possible scenario for my family. We don’t know his condition, but he’s alive and with us,” says his cousin, Jesse Adlemen.

He tells WBZ the 17-year-old turned up at someone’s home in Dedham.

“He appeared disoriented and dehydrated. We don’t know how he got there,” says Adlemen.

He says Glass couldn’t even say his own name, but was able to say his mother’s name. The Dedham resident called police, who immediately contacted Glass’ parents in Wrentham.

The teen was taken to Norwood Hospital for evaluation.

Glass, a senior at King Philip Regional High School, had been missing since Tuesday at 3 p.m. Glass told his friends before he left on Tuesday that he was traveling to Boston to go to the Apple Store for computer repairs.

Glass’s parents were away on vacation until Wednesday, but left their son in the care of another woman at the their home.

Earlier in the day, Matthew’s mom pleaded for his return. “I just want him home safe. We all do. I am just so worried and I don’t know what is going on and that is the worst that we haven’t heard from him.”

Glass had not been in contact with anyone since 9 p.m. Tuesday when he was on Huntington Avenue, near Northeastern University in Boston. At that time, police said he received a phone call, and after that, his phone was powered off and was no longer traceable.

Police announced Thursday they found his truck in Boston, on Boylston Street with several tickets indicating it had been there for a couple days.

Matthew’s mom, Diane Glass, said she last heard from her son via text message at around 5:30 p.m. Tuesday.

WBZ-TV’s Karen Anderson and Christina Hager contributed to this report.

Comments

1. Ron T says:

Great news, for a change, that a missing person being found alive!!

I thought I heard on the news, that he had suffered a sports related head injury, not too long ago, and maybe now, the hospital evalution, can grt to the bottom of it!

2. Lori says:

The young man was supposed to be watched (under the care of) another woman while his parents were on vacation. Where was this woman?

3. Thomas Hood says:

This young man is 17. There has to be more to this than we know now. Most 17 year old men can stay home alone without a minder. Hell we execute 17 year olds for murder in Texas, for sure they can manage to get to Fenway and back ammiright? (/snark)

I bet the concussion resulted in unpredictable and un-social behavior and has deteriorated into drug use.

I’m just glad he’s not hurt.

4. Jenn says:

There were 3 children that the woman was taken care of. Perhaps the other 2 were younger. And what difference does it make where she was. He said he was going to the Apple store. There is nothing wrong with a Senior in High School going to the store on his own. Sounds more like he is suffering from that concussion he received. Hope it is nothing serious and he gets the help he needs. God Bless for bringing him home!

1. Lori says:

I would not let my kids travel alone to Boston by themselves. I would think differently if it were with a group of friends, but alone, NO WAY!!! He probably is suffering from the concussion. I agree though, GOD Bless for bringing this young man home!!!

5. diane says:

prayers answered. Thank you God.

6. jaygee says:

I think it’s safe to say that we are all happy for this young man and his family. I have personally known too many instances where the news has been very bad. The fact that he has been found and that all is well certainly has nothing to do with “God”.

7. DOOK says:

HE WAS SPENDING TIME WITH HIS GAY LOVER , HITTING EACH OTHER IN THE CULO !

8. compare names says:

Useful information. Lucky me I discovered your website accidentally, and I’m shocked why this twist of fate did not happened earlier! I bookmarked it.