- Closely monitor WBZ NewsRadio 1030, WBZ-TV or NOAA Weather Radio for hurricane updates and emergency information
- Unplug small appliances and turn off propane tanks
- Remain indoors in an interior hallway, bathroom or closet on the lowest level of your house (unless there is flooding) well away from any windows
- Close all interior doors and secure and brace external doors
- Do not be fooled by the eye of the hurricane and its temporary period of peaceful weather conditions. The length of time within the eye varies from several minutes to a couple hours, depending on the size of the storm.
- Stay away from windows and glass doors. You could be struck by flying debris.
- Related: Hurricane Plan – Before The Storm