Nashua Condo Fire Leaves 19 Homeless
NASHUA, N.H. (CBS) – Nearly two dozen people have to find new homes after flames ripped through their condominium complex in Nashua late Saturday night.
The four-alarm fire started in a garage at Wesgate Village, and flames quickly spread to several condo units in an adjoining building.
Deputy Chief Brian Rhodes said firefighters were able to stop the blaze from consuming the entire building.
“The garage was well-involved. Most of it had already collapsed. The fire had already made its way up into the attic, but due to some great work by the members here, we were able to hold this to four units of the total eight-unit building,” said Dep. Chief Rhodes.
WBZ NewsRadio 1030’s Kim Tunnicliffe reports.
Rhodes said there was some concern for firefighters’ safety early on.
“We had a couple crews we had to take out of the rotation due to the high humidity and the extreme working conditions,” said Dep. Chief Rhodes.
Nineteen residents were left homeless. The Red Cross is helping them find temporary shelter.