BOSTON (CBS) -WBZ-TV’s Levan Reid is bringing you all the in-game analysis from the New England Patriots preseason opener against the Jacksonville Jaguars.
– Jermaine Cunningham got a sack on the first drive and the defense held strong when the Jaguars got in the redzone.
– On the Jaguars 3rd possession of the quarter the Pats defense had a good run. Dane Fletcher was big on a run stuff and Landon Cohen got a sack. Fletcher is having a good quarter.
– Patriots get on the board. Brian Hoyer with a couple of passes to tight end Aaron Hernandez and then rookie running back Stevan Ridley powers it in from the one.
– Not the start the Pats defense wanted. The Jaguars got the ball first and drove the ball from their 20 to the Pats 23. They did it in 12 plays and it ended with a Jaguars field goal. Jacksonville rookie quarterback Blaine Gabbert looked very poised in the pocket. He was only pressured a little.
– The Pats got the ball and on the very first play, Hernandez fumbled the ball. The Jags recovered at the 26 and the turnover became 3 more Jacksonville points.
– Pats second possession of the 1st quarter and they go 3 and out.
– On the Pats first quarter scoring drive, Hernandez had another fumble. This time he recovered it.
Patriots up 7 to 6 at the end of one