Broadcast Transmission Of WBZ-TV, WSBK Restored: More

Mother Killed, Son Wounded In Rockland Shooting

ROCKLAND (CBS) – A mother was killed and her teenage son was injured in a shooting at a home in Rockland Friday morning in what police say was apparently a drug deal.

It happened shortly after 7 a.m. at an apartment on Concord Street, near Rockland Center.

Investigators say the mother and son let some people into their home and moments later shots were fired.

WBZ-TV’s Bill Shields reports

The son was not seriously hurt.  But the mother, who the DA identified as 36-year-old Tina Gonzalves, was rushed to the hospital, where she later died.

WBZ NewsRadio 1030’s Doug Cope reports

Police are looking for as many as three people who may have been involved in the shooting along with a gray Dodge Ram pick-up truck with Massachusetts registration 822JC2.

“This does not appear to be a random shooting,” Plymouth District Attorney Tim Cruz said Friday morning. “It appears they were looking for something in this apartment.”

Investigators said they have had problems at the home in the past.

1. Cinque says:

They are letting people into their house at 7 in the morning and drugs appear to be the motive. Well, excuse me, but finally we hear some good news for a change. I find it difficult to believe that anyone will have any sympathy for this “wonderful mother and her devoted baby boy”!!!!!

1. Rainyro says:

You have youtr facts wrong! They kicked in her back door . She came runnung down from her home office to see what all the commotion was and they shot her, get your facts straight before you open your mouth. You are not her judge, God is, and God bless her family! How many skeleton’s are in your closet? Gee, let’s see now.hymmmm…….

2. Alexis says:

if u dont kno what ur talkin bout then dont say nothin bc that not what happend bc i would kno

1. littlered says:

alexis is right! we r a closenit family and we would kno wat happened better than anyone else!

2. ana says:

Watch what you say, many people knew and loved her and just because drugs may have been involved doesn’t make the situation any less tragic. My heart goes out to the family. Just because cinque above me is well off and clearly not exposed to these things all the time, I as a rockland citizen am and no matter the case it is still a person and they still had a family, and many people are still affected by this tragedy.

1. wefwef says:

It doesn’t make it less tragic, but it makes it totally avoidable. If drugs wren’t involved she would be alive now.

1. littlered says:

Thats my cousin ur tlkin abt and i am appauled at ur comment. Now shut ur mouth and go find a life

2. Alexis says:

she was mi auntie it is tragic what if this happend to ur family u would be heart broken just like everyone in this family is till this day

3. townie says:

well said ana!

4. mt says:

Thank you ana. Cinque should not believe everything the news “reports.” The media sensationalizes everything. Regardless of the details, no one deserves to get hurt – especially in their home. My heart goes out to the mother and son. May God be with their family.

1. littlered says:

5. HOLLA AT ME says:

6. Willow says:

Drugs are destroying our children, our families, and our nation. Don’t think for one minute that any life is unimportant. Until you’ve walked a mile in someone’s shoes, please refrain from judment. I personally hate drugs and what it’s doing to this nation, but I am sincerely sorry for this tragedy.

7. jacquie says:

She was a good woman, this was a tragedy that has destroyed a family, a home, friends, as I have know her for 31 years of my life, and spent the first half of our lives together daily knowing she is as solid of a person that they make.

8. B says:

How are druggies or drug dealers solid people?

1. S says:

1. Willow says:

S, I absolutely agree. That’s what the media does. They put there own spin on a story until it doesn’t even resemble the event that took place any longer. We don’t live in a perfect world, and there are many instances of someone being in the wrong place at the wrong time. How can anyone think another human being deserves to die this way? I don’t get it, but it certainly proves why we have so many wars.

2. Alexis says:

she wasnt a druggie or a drug dealer if u dont kno then keep ur mouth shut bc that was mi aunt i hink i would kno

1. littlered says:

exactly! she was my cousin. Her family wud kno more abt it than anybody else

9. Rainyro says:

I am greiving for the huge family that this lovely mother has. She was a hard working single mom trying to do her best. To say that it is justfied by past events is just plain wrong. I don’t care what the curcustances were, she had children and a family that loved her dearly. She did not deserve this. People, wake up and smell the roses. I bet alot of you negative people out there also have skeletons in your closet. Rest in peace Tina, i loved you too.

10. ats says:

They didn’t “let them in” cinque…The suspects broke in …and just because drugs seemed to be involved doesn’t make the victims bad people at all… Weed should be legal anyways … Rockland has a heroin dealer out there and we just had a great person in town die from it, but Rockland PD isn’t doing anything to stop him.. and now with his event that dealer is basically off the spotlight … this town is b/s

11. Rainyro says:

Thankyou for all the people out there who have a heart for this woman and her family. Some people think they know it all and they have no clue. She was a wonderful mother, aunt, godmother and friend to many people. God Bless her soul and her family who are now motherless because of this senseless act.

1. Alexis says:

this is soo tru i miss her soo much some ppl dont kno what they are talkin bout and they should just keep there mouth shut

12. littlered says:

Thats my cousin ur talking abt and she didnt deserve this. She was a mother raising her kids the best she cud in a terrible world. She is the best cousin a person cud have. She cared for people for who they were. She loved her family and we loved her. Her memory will never die. Ahe lives inside me and my family now. She loved cooking and loved to hang out wit her family. We all miss her and dont appreciate u low lifes saying she was a druggie and stuff. This is a tragedy. My cousin was full of life and i admired her for who she was and still admire her. She was the definition of a happy soul and wonderful person. We all miss her dearly. U guys shud be ashamed of urselves for judging an innocent person. I love u Tina and miss u sooo much. R.I.P.