BOSTON (AP/CBS) — Injured Red Sox starter Clay Buchholz says he plans to try throwing again this weekend.
Buchholz has been on the disabled list with a strained lower back. He said after Boston’s 10-4 win over Baltimore on Thursday night that he will throw on Sunday and see how he feels.
He hopes to throw more during the All-Star break and try to get back into Boston’s rotation as soon as he can.
Gallery: Red Sox On The DL
Buchholz says he received a “cocktail shot” to relax his back earlier this week and it feels much better than it did a few days ago. He says it’s just a reconditioning process before he can regain his strength and pitch again.
(TM and © Copyright 2011 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2011 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)