BOSTON (CBS) – Just a few quick thoughts as we all still sit here on a daily basis and say out loud – “The Boston Bruins are Stanley Cup Champions.”
- Sounds like the Bruins struck gold (gold, I tell ya Jerry!) with their first round draft pick Dougie Hamilton. Could develop into quite a nice addition to an already talented group of D-men.
- By the way, Dennis Seidenberg was an absolute stud this postseason. Did everything well from start to finish, especially thriving when paired with Zdeno Chara.
- Congrats to Bruins PR leaders Matt Chmura and Eric Tosi, as well as the entire staff, on winning this year’s NHL Dillman PR award. Well played boys!
- Enough about the Adrian Gonzalez-David Ortiz talk! I trust that Theo Epstein, Terry Francona, and his staff know what they’re doing. There’s no easy answer here, folks. You just have to deal with it as best you can over these 9 games. I think it’s awfully hard to trot Gonzalez out to right field on any occasion. He’s your franchise player. I also like what good friend Dick Berardino came up with – start Ortiz 2 or 3 games against right handers and bring in Gonzalez after 3-4-5 innings or so.
- And, for the record – again – I am not a fan of National League baseball. There should be one set of rules for MLB and I would vote to keep the DH. Would you rather pay to see David Ortiz or Jon Lester hit?
- Feel bad for the struggling Mike Cameron. Not easy suddenly becoming a bench-role player after starting most of your successful career in the bigs. Tough to get the timing down.
- Good thing you had Marco Scutaro around when Jed Lowrie went down with that shoulder injury.
- Get the feeling the NFL owners and players will strike a deal in time to start training camps on time next month. Although, maybe the players will drag their feet a bit so they don’t have to endure a full camp.
- Gotta love Robert Kraft, seems like as good a negotiator as there is out there.
- Not sure the two Danny Ainge draft picks from Purdue will help the Celtics as much as a lengthy lockout would. Start around March or April and I’ll give the C’s as good a chance for one more title as anyone.
Enjoy the summer weather (some day)…