SPRINGFIELD (CBS) – If you have damage from the storm and need help, there are a couple of hotlines you can call.

The first number is the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency’s 2-1-1 hotline.

This is for anyone with any damage to your property, both businesses and private homeowners. You can call this number to report the damage.

WBZ NewsRadio 1030’s Laurie Kirby explains how 2-1-1 works

The call is purely for data purposes, but MEMA spokesman Peter Judge points out it’s still very important.

All the data collected will be given to the federal government in hopes of getting federal aid.

The hotline does not have recordings. You’ll be talking to a live person.

The other important number is the Attorney General’s Consumer Hotline.

That number is 617-727-8400.

You can call that number if you have questions about dealing with your insurance company or contractors.


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s