The Fresh Grocer: French Onion Soup Recipe

BOSTON (CBS) – Today could be a nice day to treat yourself to a home cooked meal.

The Fresh Grocer, Tony Tantillo, has a great recipe for French onion soup:

Comments

1. Jim says:

I am looking for the recipe for French onion soup that aired @ aprox 12:15 noon
    with the Fresh Grocer 6/1/11

1. Steve says:

In the video he says that they used three big sweet onions and the chef added two big pinches (almost a palmful pinch) and then he said to add 2 quarts of veal or beef stock. You have to season to taste with salt and pepper which they did not mention. The baguette and cheese are as much or little as you like
      The recipe is not on his site: http://www.tonytantillo.com at all.
      I’ve never seen that much sugar used in onion soup since the onions are so sweet. Maybe a couple of tablespoons. He did say it was a restaurant secret!

2. Tammy says:

I also am looking for the recipe for the French onion soup that aired with the Fresh Grocer 6/1/11.

3. P J Adams says:

How about sharing the recipe for French onion soup Tony Tantillo. What’s the big secret?

4. Michael H says:

I guess the recipe is a secret as it was not posted, althought Tony said it would be. How do you get the printed recipe?

Mike H

5. Tom Strasser says:

I have been looking for the reciipe for the onion soup, I have been telling other people about it. Where can I find it!!!! please let us know TY

6. Patricia N. says:

So…where is the recipe?? Tony said the recipe was on the CBS website. I’ve looked for an hour now. It’s frustrating. Would love the recipe.

7. Rosemarie Muro says:

I’d like to get the french onion soup air on CBS LA on 4/6/12.