Boston Fire Dept. Says North End Roof Deck Fire Caused By Smoking

BOSTON (CBS) – A fire in the North End of Boston is being blamed on careless smoking.

The fire, at 16 Parmenter Street was started by a cigarette that someone discarded on the roof deck.

The flames and smoke caused about $250,000 in damages.

Investigators say a person who had been on the roof deck has admitted to discarding a cigarette that started the fire.

No one was hurt.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Boston

Summer of Savings
Download Weather App

Listen Live