WBZ-TV Transmission Issues Notice Read More

Methuen Man Injured In Propane Explosion Inside Garage

METHUEN (CBS) – A garage explosion in Methuen has injured an elderly man.

Fire officials say 83-year-old Ronald Hane was in the garage and had a wood stove burning, when an accidental propane leak caused the flash explosion.

WBZ NewsRadio 1030’s Bernice Corpuz reports

He was taken to a Boston hospital with burns to his head, face, and hand.

Hane’s son says his father was conscious and was in fact telling neighbors who came to his aid, to calm down.

Officials say the garage is a total loss.

More from Bernice Corpuz

One Comment

  1. Ronald Hoehn says:

    Dad is OK no burns as it seems he was covered in ash from the hand held propane bottle that he threw into the ash hopper as it ignited. We can’t see what exploded but the battle is inside out and so is the ash hopper….and of course the building…….I’ll bet that scared the mice out for the night!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Boston

Download Our App
Download Weather App

Listen Live