Bruins Ference Says Finger To Montreal Fans Was Accident

BOSTON (AP/CBS) – Bruins defenseman Andrew Ference did not mean to give Montreal fans the middle finger after scoring his second period goal in Boston’s 5-4 overtime win Thursday night.

“I think my glove got caught up,” Ference said. “I can assure you that’s not part of who I am or what I ever have been.”

Ference made an obscene gesture to the capacity crowd of 21,273 after he drove a slap shot past Carey Price midway through the second to draw Boston to 3-2.

“It looks awful, I admit it,” said Ference. “I completely apologize about how it looks.”

“I’m shocked, and I don’t know whether it happened or what,” Bruins coach Claude Julien said after the game. “I’d be very surprised, that’s not his style at all.”

Tune in to 98.5 The Sports Hub’s coverage of the Bruins-Canadiens playoff series starting 30 minutes before the puck drops with the Dunkin Donuts Bruins Pregame show.

(TM and © Copyright 2011 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2011 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
DATELINE/ SOURCE

Comments

1. chickenparm says:

Well it really wasn’t an accident but it was worth the $2500 fine…

2. Pete S. says:

Totally worth the $2500 fine. F*ck the Canadiens fans!

3. Julie says:

Where can I donate to help pay his fine???

4. John says:

American class at is best!!! Wow no wonder you are so loved and respected around the world!!!

1. BLACKBEAR1 says:

AT LEAST WE DON’T FLOP, FALL AND FAKE INJURIES LIKE YOUR GIRLIE MEN… BY THE WAY , I DON’T LOOK TO CANADA FOR POLITICAL INSIGHT OR KNOWLEDGE.

5. GUY says:

LOOK I’M WRITING IN CAPS LOCKS THAT MEANS YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO MY OPINION! IT DEFINITELY DOESN’T MEAN I’M AN IDIOT WHO CAN’T FIND THE KEY TO PUT IT BACK INTO LOWER CASE!

6. John says:

Blackbear, just left of your keyboard, there is a key “Caps Lock”, just click on it and you you then type like somebody normal, hey a chance for you big boy to be a bit normal..

To your comment about the habs, when was the last time you won the Stanley Cup…a long long time ago…

To your political comments, it is clear you do not look to Canada for political insight and knowledge…may be you should, may be people would respect you more then they do, and do not get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for your great country, less for people like you. Have a great easter big boy. oh and yeah, look I CAN USE CAPS LOCK TO…

1. BLACKBEAR1 says:

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY THE CAPS LOCK SEEMS TO DISTRACT YOU. I AM WELL AWARE THE “CAPS LOCK” KEY IS TO THE LEFT, JUST LIKE canada.
      YOU ALSO WILL NOT BE WINNING A CUP IN A WHILE.