Stoughton Man Burglarized While Raking His Yard

STOUGHTON (CBS) – Police in Stoughton are telling residents to lock their doors, even if they’re home.

The warning comes after a burglar robbed a house on Chase Run while the homeowner was outside.

WBZ-TV’s Ken Macleod reports from Stoughton

Officers say Dr. Arthur Mallock Mallock left a door open Tuesday morning while he was in the backyard raking leaves.

Mallock was only outside for about 15 minutes, but that was enough time for the thief to sneak in and out of the unlocked door.

When he returned inside the house, Mallock noticed several items were out of place and some jewelry and some small figurines had been taken. He says the items were worth about $500.

More from Ken MacLeod
Comments

1. sg says:

when are people going to smarten up and start carrying a weapon and blow away one of these intruders….i guarantee burglaries will be few and far between..sg

2. S says:

Could whoever wrote this article please cease polluting the English language? The very first sentence of the article: “Police in Stoughton are telling residents to lock their doors, even if their home.”

Anyone ever learn the difference between “their” and “they’re”? Go back to elementary school please!

1. J says:

The same people who interchange their and they’re don’t know the difference between you’re and your.

Drives me crazy!

3. Dee says:

you need to go back to school ! Their is correct – meaning something that belongs to a person

1. NickW says:

LOL I was just going to say the same thing. S what school did you go to?

2. grammarnazi says:

The first “their” is correct. The second “their” should be “They’re” which is short for “they are”

IE Police in Stoughton are telling residents to lock their doors, even if they’re home.

4. Elizabeth says:

Um…S is correct, he/she just didn’t specify which their was incorrect: “their doors” (the doors belonging to residents) is right, it’s the second “their” that is wrong..it should be “they’re home” (the contraction for “they are” home)

1. M says:

Yes, Elizabeth, you and S are correct. It’s amazing how high and mighty the wrong can be. And what does “commical” mean? This is all just so comical, isn’t it?

5. crazy_lazy_bear says:

It never ceases to amaze me when ignorant people think incorrect grammar is correct even after being told otherwise.

6. yahoo says:

apparently this site is a meeting place for idiots

7. Kevin Haley says:

Well it was kinda stupid for the Dr. to Leave the Door open for only a few mins.

8. zippy says:

i’m with the first idiot before the grammar show. tase him or have a public stonig for this guy when cought.

9. Denise says:

the only difference would have been if his door was locked – he would have to have the door fixed now! They obviously didn’t care he was home! These hoodlums deserve to have their fingers cut off if they’re caught!

it’s a sad day when you can’t leave your house wide open to air it out when you’re home!

10. john says:

lol….I think all who commented here are correct. i think the problem with the English language is those who write it are probably ESL students. After all ever see who the newspapers and media outlets hire nowadays, Immigrants. I’m not talking illegal immigrants but individuals who’s primary language is not English. this is a problem. i think they need to pay more money to people for this work instead of hiring people who cannot fluently write or speak English.

11. Ralph says:

losers.. thanks for your comments on English in our society.

12. Jamie says:

Call me paranoid but I keep my doors locked all the time. If someone rings the bell I don’t just open it either. I look out and if I don’t know the person then I open a window and say can I help you. Too many people have been victims that way as well. It’s sad that we have to do this stuff though. I’m sure Dr. Mallock learned a big lesson.