Man Killed In Crash In Boston’s Sumner Tunnel

BOSTON (AP) – State police say a Salem man has died in a crash in a Boston tunnel.

State police say 39-year-old Brian Hicks died when his pickup truck crashed just before 10 p.m. Sunday on the Storrow Drive ramp in the Sumner Tunnel, which connects East Boston with downtown.

No other vehicles were involved.

Police say the truck was traveling westbound at a high rate of speed when the driver apparently lost control and struck a barrier, veered across the road and struck another barrier, ejecting the driver.

The crash closed the ramp for about three hours.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Comments

1. Wizard says:

What was the driver’s BAC?

1. hkprettypink says:

Yeah ok maybe BAC matters but that man had a family maybe you would be more sympathetic had it hit you as close to home as it has his loved ones… regardless of BAC he will be missed so “Wizard” maybe you should try respecting the deceased…

2. marie says:

if you think DD Ice Coffee is achol you are one stupid person why does everyone think BAC right away. get facts before shooting off your mouth
      that man did have a family and w/b missed terriblie

2. michelle says:

I’m his niece, and Brian did not have a drink in 11 years, and we are taking this very seriously. He just got back from Antartica 2 months ago and was training to go to Afghanistan in May. He is leaving behind a wife a step daughter and countless nieces and nephews. I can understand why you may think it was alcohol, but we and the police are looking at other factors. so as prettypink said, please be careful about what you say because members of his beloved family are keeping up with the posts.

1. hkprettypink says:

My sincerest condolences to you Michelle…for the sake of internet privacy I will be vague but I did know the WONDERFUL man your uncle was…Believe me I meant no disrespect in my earlier comment I agree BAC is insignificant and “”Wizard’s” comment made me so enraged I could not resist comment…I am so sorry for your loss, he will be missed…

1. marie says:

sorry michelle & family he was a good man and I’m sure loved his entire family .. he also was a good neighbor to us.. an dwill be missed.

2. MCampau says:

HI Michelle.. My husband was Brian’s roommate in SC when they started the training for Afg in Oct. and he spoke very highly of him and was glad that Brian was going to finally get to go overseas for the career opportunity. My condolences to the entire family. I was planning on meeting up with his wife to meet her when she was in town last week. So sad how everything turned out. I will be praying for the entire family.

3. Michelle says:

Thank you for your condolences, and I know you meant no disrespect, and I thank you for saying something, as I would have regardless if I knew the person or not. So thank you again.