Keller @ Large: How Towns Can Work With Unions To Curb Health Care Costs

BOSTON (CBS) – Local cities and towns are trying to find a way to work with unions to help curb skyrocketing health care costs.

WBZ’s Jon Keller is at large with Geoffrey Beckwith of the Massachusetts Municipal Association.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Comments

One Comment

  1. Mike says:

    Typical Keller…cater to the leftist agenda. It’s sad, too. He;d be good if he was a little more moderate in his reporting.

    Bottom line – unions are conglomerates of stupid, self-serving individuals. Abolish them.

  2. DStein says:

    What don’t the unions understand about Deval Patrick cutting community aid by 34% and asking for yet another 7% for a total of 41%? Cities and towns just don’t have any money. My town has had to pass its first two Prop 2-1/2 overrides to close budget deficits in the last two years. All of that on top of laying off teachers and police officers and cutting deeping into other department budgets. We simply don’t have any money left. The unions are going to have to share the pain.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Boston

Download Our App
Download Weather App

Listen Live