Weather Alert Sunday/Monday: Snow, Wintry Mix | Forecast | BlogWeather App

Patrick Meets Scientist, CEO To Start Israel Trip

BOSTON (CBS/AP) – Gov. Deval Patrick is wrapping up the first full day of his trade mission to Israel.

The governor held meetings on Monday with Israeli chief scientist Avi Hasson and the chief executive of El Al Airlines, Major General Eliezer Shkedi.

WBZ NewsRadio 1030’s Kim Tunnicliffe reports

A spokeswoman for the governor says a meeting slated with Israeli President Shimon Peres was rescheduled for Thursday.

The governor concluded his day with an appearance by teleconference at a Boston event announcing the second round of MassChallenge, billed as the world’s largest competition for start-up companies. The $1 million competition was credited with accelerating more than 100 companies and creating 300 new jobs during its inaugural year in 2010.

Companies have until April 11 to apply for the program.

(TM and © Copyright 2010 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2010 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

More from Kim Tunnicliffe
Comments

1. JERRY says:

WHY IS MY POST NOT GOING ON AM I BEING SENSORED.

2. JERRY says:

I KEEP WRITING POSTS AND I KEEP GETTING SENSORED ON HERE AND IM NOT USING BAD WORDS EITHER SO WHY IS MY POST NOT COMING UP

3. CEO says:

Deval is wasting time and our money. With the state in shambles, he really needs to focus his attention here. How is a trip to Israel going to close his $2 billion budget defifict?

4. CEO says:

Jerry, I have a similar problem. I submitted a post and it didn’t appear. I tried to resubmit and it told me I already posted that. Oh really? Then where is it? Perhaps the powers that be don’t want anyone to be able to post anything about Deval Patrick. Maybe the don’t realize the election is over and he won.

1. cynic says:

CEO..Jerry.. Occasionally the Hamster that runs in the Power Unit Gets tired.

5. Cynic says:

Not to get everyones hopes up but I noticed he didn’t say anything about Coming Back…..