Minor/Moderate River Flooding Likely

By Meteorologist Joe Joyce, WBZ-TV

rivconds2 Minor/Moderate River Flooding LikelyTHE FOLLOWING RIVERS ARE FORECAST TO GO INTO FLOOD.

FARMINGTON RIVER AT UNIONVILLE…LATE TONIGHT
  NASHUA RIVER AT EAST PEPPERELL…MONDAY AFTERNOON
  FARMINGTON RIVER AT TARIFFVILLE…MONDAY NIGHT
  CONCORD RIVER AT LOWELL…MONDAY NIGHT
  CHARLES RIVER AT DOVER…MONDAY NIGHT
  MERRIMACK RIVER AT LAWRENCE…MONDAY NIGHT
  CONNECTICUT RIVER AT HARTFORD…TUESDAY MORNING

If you would like more information to monitor  a river near you for the potential for flooding, Please visit the Northeast River Forecast Center

FLOOD WARNING FOR
  THE SHAWSHEEN RIVER NEAR WILMINGTON.
* AT  4:30 PM SUNDAY THE STAGE WAS 3.8 FEET.
* FLOOD STAGE IS 7.0 FEET.
* MODERATE FLOODING IS FORECAST.
* FORECAST…RISE ABOVE FLOOD STAGE BY LATE TOMORROW MORNING AND CONTINUE TO RISE TO NEAR 8.6 FEET BY TUESDAY MORNING.
* IMPACT…AT 9.0 FEET…FLOODING WILL AFFECT AREAS ALONG THE RIVER FROM WILMINGTON TO LAWRENCE.  SOME ROADS WILL BECOME IMPASSABLE INCLUDING ROUTE 114 NEAR THE I495 INTERCHANGE. FOLLOW THE ADVICE OF LOCAL OFFICIALS…AND EVACUATE IF ASKED TO DO SO. DO NOT DRIVE INTO AREAS WHERE WATER COVERS THE ROAD. BASEMENT FLOODING IN LOW LYING
  AREAS IS LIKELY AND VALUABLES SHOULD BE MOVED TO HIGHER GROUND.

FLOOD WARNING FOR
  THE ASSABET RIVER AT MAYNARD.
* AT  4:15 PM SUNDAY THE STAGE WAS 3.5 FEET.
* FLOOD STAGE IS 5.0 FEET.
* MODERATE FLOODING IS FORECAST.
* FORECAST…RISE ABOVE FLOOD STAGE BY TOMORROW MORNING AND CONTINUE TO RISE TO NEAR 6.6 FEET BY EARLY TUESDAY AFTERNOON. ADDITIONAL RISES ARE POSSIBLE THERE AFTER.
* IMPACT…AT 7.0 FEET…SIGNIFICANT FLOODING WILL AFFECT INTERESTS ALONG THE RIVER IN MAYNARD…CONCORD AND HUDSON.  ROADWAYS MAY BECOME IMPASSABLE DUE TO FLOOD WATERS AND SOME PROPERTIES MAY NEED TO BE EVACUATED.  FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS OF LOCAL EMERGENCY
  MANAGEMENT OFFICIALS

FLOOD WARNING FOR
  THE BLACKSTONE RIVER AT NORTHBRIDGE.
* FROM LATE TONIGHT TO TUESDAY MORNING…OR UNTIL THE WARNING IS CANCELLED.
* AT  2:30 PM SUNDAY THE STAGE WAS 5.2 FEET.
* FLOOD STAGE IS 9.0 FEET.
* MINOR FLOODING IS FORECAST.
* FORECAST…RISE ABOVE FLOOD STAGE BY EARLY TOMORROW AND CONTINUE TO RISE TO NEAR 10.8 FEET BY TOMORROW MORNING. THE RIVER WILL FALL BELOW FLOOD STAGE BY EARLY TUESDAY MORNING.
* IMPACT…AT 11.0 FEET…FLOODING IS EXPECTED ALONG THE RIVER FROM  NORTHBRIDGE THROUGH UXBRIDGE AND MILLVILLE.  FLOODING WILL AFFECT SOME HOMES AND BUSINESSES ALONG THE RIVER IN THESE TOWNS

Comments

1. jj says:

More cheery news

1. Topkatt88 says:

Could be alot worse. Minor to moderate beats what happend about a year ago.

2. Dave311 says:

You know I know during January and the begining of february gave us a reason to say “Enough is Enough for snow but nothing but rain since then is really starting to get boring. i mean this is the second march in the row where it has been a joke compared to past marches. I hope I’m not alone when i say I hope for one more big one just one more

1. Topkatt88 says:

Well, it is only March 6. So it’s hard to really say that this is the 2nd March in a row that’s deficient in terms of snowfall, since there are still 25 days left in the month. NAO flips negative by mid month.

2. matt says:

agreed 100% if something is going to fall from the sky let it be snow. . I think a good snow storm is possible before april 7 then all bets are off untill december of next year

1. devildog says:

You are a tool

3. cat966G says:

If this storm went off the coast we would have been dealing with a lot of snow. i Say if its not going to snow give me 70’s and 80’s

1. devildog says:

Tool, again.

1. Topkatt88 says:

I like all of it. If it’s a mild storm, it’s a mild storm. I’ve been using this to take a time lapse of melting snowbanks because my son loves tiime lapse stuff like that. :-)

1. Charlie says:

Snows been gone for a while here in Norfolk cty

4. matt says:

3 on my flood scale poor drainage flooding with minor and moderate flooding of major rivers
    A 1 on my thunderstorm scale.
    rain will continue though the night. tomorrow morning rain will change to snow and sleet from north west to south east. mainly outside of 495 and north of the pike. up to 2 inches of rain for the eastern half of the state with 2 to 4 inches of rain possibly for the western half of the state
    10+ inches of snow in the mountains of vt and nh.

5. southshoretom says:

Lots of heavy rain down the coast, but moving almost due north with little translation of the precip area eastward. Is it possible that Boston to Providence points south and east receive less than one half inch of rain ?

6. The Snowball Manny says:

Snowball Manny CANNOT wait for the meet up at the food court. He will be coming with many friends to sit down and talk weather and recipes with his GOOD friends. See you there!!!!
    And YES….I will be bringing all of the ingredients.

1. Topkatt88 says:

No need to bring ingredients. There are plenty of GREAT food options there. :-) But you may bring your stuffed animal friends if you like. :-)

And you can’t stand off to the side and spy. You have to come over and introduce yourself.

1. Scott says:

5 star comment topkatt :)

7. manowx says:

SSTom will probably be right. All the energy is getting stretched out to the west of Boston. this means only a brief bout of heavy rain locally. I also predict very little snow for the rest of the month on account of increasing greenhouse gas and increasing insolation. Two marches in a row with very little to no snow. Global warming! Sing the Lord’s praises…to those who hate snow and thunderstorms

8. manowx says:

I sense we are on the threshold of runaway global warming. That means, run for your lives!

9. BaileyMan says:

It has been awhile but, Good Evening Everyone.
    I hope you all are doing well. It has been quite some time since I last posted on this blog. I have been unable to post for a number of reasons but, I have checked in to read some of the post s on here during the past several days. In fact, I believe it was last Monday February 28th during the evening when I last rendered a forecast summary.

1. BaileyMan says:

sorry part 2 can not get blog through yet again!

Having said that, it is both humorous and perplexing that for whatever reason? 1 or more bloggers have taken on my screen name to post comments and/or weather forecasts. I noticed several posts under my blog name this past week but I am dumbfounded as to “why” my blog name was utilized on several occasions?! 1 observation though, if you see my name in any other form other than as, BaileyMan, it is not me!

10. matt says:

hay devildog

YOU ARE THE DEVIL’S DOG
    GO AND FOLLOW HIM YOU TROLL!!!!!!!!

11. BaileyMan says:

Example of a fake me, the recent BAILEYMAN, < BaileyMan. So go figure?? Lol.

1. Topkatt88 says:

It’s quite simple to figure out the faker. Too many clues.

12. BaileyMan says:

testing the blog

13. BaileyMan says:

Anyway, I simply wanted to set the record straight. At this point, even I am not sure that I am me!? lol….JK! As for my forecast summary?

1. BaileyMan says:

Blogs wont take again! Frustrated!!! I shall try again tomorrow. Be Safe all! and take care~

1. matt says:

BaileyMan there are so many people useing your name and using different emails the site is picking you as the faker if you know what i mean.

14. BaileyMan says:

Oh, and hi Topkatt88. It is truly me this time I promise you! take care

15. JimmyJames says:

Matt I see you have an impact scale for flooding and that is good. How many levels does your impact scale have and how do you determine your rating?
    I agree with you giving a 1 for any embedded thunderstorms that should develop since they will be MINOR and stay below severe levels.

16. Hadi says:

It looks like we have a bubble over eastern Mass. Rain to the south, west and north.

1. DS says:

A-ok with that!

17. Hadi says:

Some serious now going on up in north country!! Places in northern Maine might end up with 20+ inches.

18. Crock says:

Anyone have any thought on rain totals on north shore (Peabody)? Also JR on the other station is saying storm is out of here by 8am?

1. Topkatt88 says:

1/2 inch to an inch is a good bet for N Shore. Don’t think we’re looking at anything excessive there even though it may pour for a while sometime between midnight & shortly after dawn (rumble of thunder not out of the question). Only lingering rain showers during the morning, then scattered light showers of rain/sleet/snow possible as the afternoon goes on. Betting against seeing sun before it sets but not out of the question.

19. Hadi says:

Crock maybe an inch…. NAM is running right now and it paints about .50-1.25 for most of eastern mass. Further west you are those totals jump big time.

1. Topkatt88 says:

Springfield area is going to have some significant totals when this is done.

20. Hadi says:

Very true TK. NAM does show a little more then a half inch though for north shore. You think that’s possible?

21. Hadi says:

Here is the latest NAM totals. Seems very high to me for eastern mass.

1. Topkatt88 says:

Probably a tad high overall. NAM’s good for that.

22. Crock says:

Thanks TK. Good stuff. I am a weather novice to say the least and don’t know the nao from the nam. I am amazed by looking at the radar all day and seeing how this storm just continues to maintain that northward track. It seems like a little block over eastern mass.

1. Topkatt88 says:

It’s almost like a force field, as my son noted, when we were looking at the radar a bit ago. Hope you enjoy reading the blog!

23. Willy13 says:

What is latest info on meet and greet? At Burlington?

1. Topkatt88 says:

730pm Sat March 12 .. Burlington Mall food court. Have to pick a spot there, probably near the outer edge closest to the stairs, just so it’s easy to spot people and also the fact it can be really busy in there about that time.

24. Hadi says:

I know but we learned the hard way in Jan:)))

25. Phillip says:

was that the real baileyman ? anyone know?

26. Poe's great grand cousin says:

Isn’t flooding far more “interesting” than snow/thunderstorms? My neighbor is a hardcord “sparky” and actually loves multiple alarm fires because of the “interest” levels. People often are injured in multiple alarm fires.

27. Charlie says:

Who has snow on ground anymore, anywhere in Norfolk cty is bare ground, even snowbanks in yd r gone

1. suziesnowflake says:

still have snow in shrewsbury although its patchy now after last night’s rain

1. Charlie says:

We have nothing in Wrentham, and I mean nothing, my biggest 6-8 ft snowbanks that were in shade disappeared Friday

28. Charlie says:

Well winter is over, the nao will be too late for snow, it’s all rain from here, winter has been over for a month now and if u dont c just grass then ur in mountains, just came back from ft lauderdale and everybody I talked to will be back this week, I understand the excitement fir possibility but it will be another March will no snow when everyone keeps saying it’s not over yet, I know when the carrot is being held out, and this is one of those cases, not gonna happen, rain rain and then spring and then more rain, put ur spring fertilizer down soon as the azzelias will be sprouting spring yellow within a couple wks :) Spring is here and I’m shocked that we don’t have any snow left 100% grass everywhere, did a light raking and ground is thawed too, crazy!! We had 3 ft of snow on ground 3-4 weeks ago, and now nothing!! Who ever is saying snow is still possible is just going by climatolgy and that works a few times a de ade

29. Charlie says:

Last time we got over an inch of snow in March was March of 2009!! 56 degrees out!!

30. manowx says:

Right you are Charlie,

they base snow chances on climatology and they dismiss anthropogenic influence of climate. Looks like my theory of insolation coupled with anthropogenic gas will verify. Very little snow or no snow for a consecutive March! Global warming resurrected! Global Cooling is a crock!