NY Man Missing, May Be In Newton

NEWTON (CBS) — A family from New York is hopeful someone in Massachusetts knows where their son is.

24-year-old David Mark of Albany, N.Y. has been missing since Wednesday. His family believes he was going to visit his sister in Newton.

Mark has diabetes and a form of autism called Asperger. His family believes he may be confused.

WBZ-TV’s Jim Smith reports.

Mark is 5 feet 5 inches tall, about 150 pounds, has dark hair and facial hair. He was last seen wearing a black leather jacket, a tan shirt and black and grey sneakers.

Anyone with information about Mark’s whereabouts is asked to call Newton police at 617-796-2100.

Comments

1. Minnie says:

I hope you’ve checked the homeless shelters and railroad tunnels and stations. I’ll say a prayer.

2. NewEnglandBob says:

Prayer, as always, is useless. Make phone calls and drive around looking instead. Ask police how you can help.

3. Anna says:

what I dont understand is why would he would come alone with no family even though he is an adult, with a form of autism and the understanding he may be confused sometimes. This is a really sad story.

1. Andy says:

many people with Aspergers are very capable of traveling in many places. I hope they find him soon.

1. BBCHS05 says:

I think they might have been referring to complications from diabetes or the combination, I don’t know a ton about Asperger’s, but type I diabetics (like my brother) can become confused when their sugar level is high or low. It’s not that they can’t live a normal life, and go visit their friends and sisters, but they need to be cautious and take care of themselves.
        I remember David from high school. He was always a friendly and happy person, and I will have my class keep him in our prayers.

4. TSHUL says:

we went to high school together and he is in my masters program. Being in Albany, i feel helpless but i’m trying to do whatever I can.
    For all of us who are not in the Newton/Boston area, please do anything you can to help find him!