Weather Alert Monday: Snow During Morning Commute | Details | Forecast |

Setti Warren Considers Run Against Senator Scott Brown

BOSTON (CBS) – Newton Mayor Setti Warren says he’s considering a run for the U.S. Senate against Scott Brown.

Governor Deval Patrick mentioned Warren as a possible candidate, just as he mentioned Salem Mayor Kim Driscoll.

WBZ NewsRadio 1030’s Carl Stevens reports

So why is the governor doing this?

“It certainly takes the pressure off of Deval Patrick,” Democratic political consultant Mary Ann Marsh told WBZ NewsRadio 1030.

“Many people think he’s the best one to take on Scott Brown. The names he listed may not be well known to voters across Massachusetts, but neither was Scott Brown when he ran for the Senate.”

Here’s Warren’s statement:

“I’m honored that my friend Governor Patrick has mentioned me as a possible candidate for U.S. Senate. I am considering a run against Senator Brown. I have been disappointed by many of his votes, which I believe have hurt many cities and towns in Massachusetts, including my own community of Newton.

“I’m not yet ready to announce an official decision on entering the race. But in the final analysis, if I believe I can do a better job for Massachusetts, I’ll put my name on the ballot.”

More from Carl Stevens
Comments

1. jaygee says:

Wouldn’t it be a bit more logical if he learned the in’s & outs of being Mayor of Newton. He was just elected to represent the people of Newton and already he want’s out. This sounds a lot like what Sarah Palin did when she deserted Alaska for bigger and better things.

2. timma says:

the race card ………..dont leave home without it

3. barry O says:

Haven’t we learned out lesson regarding electing blacks into office? Pssst, it’s no longer to vote black.

1. Beeteedubs says:

Comments like this further illustrate how horribly racist and ignorant so many Americans are. Whether or not you agree with Obama’s politics – how he functions as president of The United States has nothing to do with the color of his skin! Welcome to the 21st century you ignorant fool!

4. Cynic says:

He might have a chance if he promises to not write a book.

5. Cynic says:

Setti…being seen with DUHval is not a PLUS.