1 Firefighter Hurt In Boston Apartment Fire
The entire building on Tremont Street had to evacuate.
The fire broke out in a trash compactor, and with all the trash chutes, smoke filled the building.
Yet, some people didn’t smell the smoke until someone started banging on their doors.
“I seen the ladder go right by my window, then I looked out the front window and i’m seeing all the lights, then the smoke in the hallway, and then I started getting dressed, then the guys started banging on my door,” said Darren Tate, a resident.
Everyone who lives in the building was allowed back inside a short time later. No residents were hurt.
One firefighter had to go to the hospital with chest pains.