Officials Announce 3rd Suspected Measles Case In Boston

BOSTON (CBS) – Boston health officials said there is another suspected case of the measles in the city, bringing the total to three suspected cases and one confirmed case.

Dr. Anita Barry with the Boston Public Health Commission said a man in his 40’s may have contracted measles.

“The individual has symptoms that are consistent with measles, and the onset of illness is in the right time frame after exposure,” said Dr. Barry.

WBZ NewsRadio 1030’s Bernice Corpuz reports.

Officials made the announcement on Friday as they handed out free vaccines to more than 100 people.

The vaccination clinic was held in the Park Square Building, where a French consulate worker has been diagnosed with a confirmed case of the measles.

Common symptoms of measles, which is highly contagious, include fever, cough, runny nose, watery eyes, and rash. People who have had two doses of the MMR vaccine are probably protected.

  • Measles Case Suspected In UMass Boston Faculty Member « CBS Boston

    […] officials said there was no known connection to the measles scare last week in the Back Bay. Print Share […]

blog comments powered by Disqus
Taz Show
Download Weather App

Listen Live