Celtics Trade Perkins, Robinson To Thunder

BOSTON (CBS) – The Celtics have traded center Kendrick Perkins to the Oklahoma City Thunder, WBZ-TV has confirmed.

In return the Celtics will receive forward Jeff Green and center Nenad Krstic.

Guard Nate Robinson is also included in the deal.

In four seasons in the NBA, Green has averaged 14.2 points-per-game and 5.8 rebounds. The Celtics originally drafted Green fifth overall in 2007, but sent him to Seattle on draft night in a trade for Ray Allen.

Krstic, a seven-footer, spent the first four years of his career with the Nets before joining the Thunder in 2008. He’s averaged 10.1 points-per-game and 5.4 rebounds throughout his career.

Listen: Felger & Mazz Talk Perkins Trade

Perkins was the second longest tenured Celtic behind Paul Pierce. Drafted in 2003 out of Clifton J. Ogden High School in Texas, Perkins was seen as a defensive enforcer. He played a pivotal role in the Celtics championship run of 2008, and many feel the Celtics would have won it all in 2010 had Perkins not tore his ACL in game 6 of the NBA Finals.

Robinson, acquired at the trade deadline in 2010 from the Knicks, tweeted after the trade:

“Will miss all my Boston fans I love y’all , u guys showed me love, E.House shoes tough to fill and y’all made it EZ for me to fill em.”

The trade was first reported by Yahoo Sports.

Comments

1. Becky L. says:

Sad day for Celtics fans. I think we are all numb from the news.

2. Dianne says:

I agree, sad day for Celtics.

3. whiteshadow says:

perk was a bum nate was a ball hog very happy they are gone

4. BobinBeverly says:

gotta do whatever it takes to win THIS year. tough to hear the loss of Perk; but the move will prove to be a good one come June

5. eddie says:

not a good move this late .. to many new faces ,it wasnt just perk leaving .. when your trying to win a championship ..you dont disrupt the team .. maybe ainge thinks they couldnt win a championship with the players they had ..
    chemistry might suffer …i hope not ,but it is to late in the season to disrupt the team like this!! ..that being said perk was coming off an injury , i understand that .. and he was going to be a free agent so i believe ainge felt he wasn’t going to be able to sign him to a contract ,but in all time will tell come the playoffs ..good luck !

6. Woodsie says:

Bad, bad news, what are you thinkin Danny!

7. Unfall says:

I’m not certain the place you are getting your info, however great topic. I needs to spend some time studying more or figuring out more. Thanks for excellent information I was on the lookout for this information for my mission.