Weymouth Teacher Says He Was Victim In Classroom Fight

WEYMOUTH (CBS) — The Weymouth teacher who was involved in a fight with a student said Friday evening that he was the victim.

WBZ NewsRadio 1030’s Kim Tunnicliffe reports.

Elbert Foster told reporters he was hit three times in the side of his face, his shoulder was separated and a tooth went through his lip.

One witness says the fight started after Foster ordered a disruptive student leave his classroom, but the student refused.

Foster is on administrative leave, and has not been charged with anything.

WBZ-TV’s Bill Shields reports.

Comments

1. Patti Scibilio Williams says:

I am sorry but I tend to believe the teacher. Today the kids are punks they think they are untouchable. Parents can not discipline them or the parents get arrested and there is no need to listen to a teacher or principal because they can’t do anything either. Check your children parents and stop protecting them when they are punks.

2. Holly says:

when I saw the student on the news last night, I knew he wasn’t telling the whole story. And the “witness” student they interviewed was laughing…come on. Glad they looked into it more and spoke with the teacher. Hope he’s actually listened to and the student is punished for attacking a teacher and lying.

3. BLACKBEAR1 says:

I REMEMBER MY FIRST YEAR TEACHING, STARTING AS A PERMANENT SUB. IT WAS NOT EASY. KIDS CAN HAVE AN UNREASONABLE GANG TYPE MENTALITY. I THINK THIS POOR GUY WAS REALLY UP AGAINST IT!!

4. ROCQUE says:

SINCE THIS PUNK HAS THE NEED TO WANT TO FIGHT, THEN HEAD ADMINSTRATORS SHOULD MAKE HIS FIGHT AND TOUGH GUY ATTITUDE WORTHWHILE BY MAKING IT MANDITORY FOR HIM TO JOIN THE ARMED FORCES, PUT HIM ON THE FRONT LINE WITH THE BIG BOYS WHILE TEACHING HIM A TRADE SO HE CAN MAKE SOMETHING OF HIMSELF..FIGHTS BELONG ON THE BATTLEFIELD NOT IN THE CLASSROOM

5. blueeyes415 says:

Isn’t there a whole classroom of witnesses?

6. cynic says:

Years ago a friends wife was a first year Teacher at the Dearborn School in Roxbury. One of her students took a swing at her. What did she do about it ?Nothing…. What would be the point? The Teacher is ALWAYS wrong.

7. emom says:

you know how many stories shall we hear about students CLAIMING they are abused by an adult,,, has anyone every for one brief moment in their entire life thought that KIDS LIE ALL THE TIME,,, come on folks fest up folks, evn your PRECIOUS LITTLE WONDERFULL DARLING LITTLE devils, oh i mean angels ( cough, cough cough) are not all that innocent.. gee,, what does it take to prove the right or wrong,, only their word over another,,, YEAH LIKE THAT IS TO GOSPEL TRUTH FROM THEIR LYING PIE HOLES… I had a girl lie to 5 teachers about something my kid had done,.,,, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH I have to laugh very loud since I had proof that this student lied,, not only to me but to the 5 teachers as well, I took matters into my own hands and told the school they best handle this or else,,,, guess what,, they did,,, and that student was put on notice,, FACT is kids have no respect for anyone even and adult,, I was raised to respect all,,, these kids obviously where taught to be crimiinals in the long run,., give it another 5 years or so and we might see them all on the 6 oclock news for armed robbie… n o respect . hold their parents accountable as well teach them all a teachable moment…. thru monetary values….. cha ching….