Westboro Company, Saab Make First Electric Station Wagon

BOSTON (CBS) – A Westboro company has teamed up with Saab to make the first electric station wagon.

Boston Power made the battery pack for the car, which does not have a gas tank.

Lisa van der Pool of the Boston Business Journal reports.

Comments

1. brat says:

Congrats to Boston Power. I had an opportunity to tour their R&D offices with my som last year. I was impressed with their concern for the enviornment as well as their technology.

2. CHRIS says:

THATS A FORD ESCAPE….

3. PB87 says:

Yeah, it’s a crossover SUV, and it’s not the first to run on electric power. Toyota used to offer an electric version of the RAV4 in some states, and many people have converted their own personal cars to run on electric power. Old VW Squarebacks are particularly popular for that.

4. chris says:

Yeah i know its a crossover suv, but the article states that they teamed up with saab to produce a electric station wagon, a ford escape is neither a saab or a wagon, but congrats to boston power for further advancing the electric car technology

5. edwal says:

to bad they didnt do a cargo van

6. Cynic says:

The price of the car is reasonable but the Extension cord costs a fortune !!!!

7. CEO says:

I didn’t know SAAB started selling Ford Escapes. Come to think of it, I not sure SAAB is selling SAABs anymore. With only about 6,000 cars sold last year that’s about the best going out of business plan I’ve seen in a long time.