LYNN (CBS) – Firefighters rescued a man from the top floor of a burning triple-decker home Friday morning.
The fire broke out in the house on Johnson Street just before 10 a.m.
“We had heavy fire on all three floors by the time we got in there,” Lynn Fire Chief Dennis Carmody told WBZ NewsRadio 1030.
WBZ NewsRadio 1030’s Carl Stevens reports
There were people inside, including a man who had to be saved on the top floor.
“I believe it was a gentleman hanging out a third floor window, the left front corner of the building,” Carmody said.
“They threw a ground ladder to the window and helped the gentleman down the ladder and he was transported to Union Hospital.”
The unidentified man was treated for smoke inhalation. Everyone else escaped safely.
There was so much ice outside the home, it took three firefighters to hold the ladder steady during the rescue.
WBZ-TV’s Peg Rusconi reports
There’s no word yet on the cause of the fire.
A tenant told WBZ’s Carl Stevens that a short time before the fire started, he informed the building’s owner that there was no hot water.