7 In Roxbury, Including Kids, Treated For CO Exposure

ROXBURY (CBS) — Seven people, including three children in Roxbury were taken to the hospital Wednesday night to be treated for exposure to carbon monoxide.

Emergency crews were called to a multi-family home on Edgewood Street at 8:22 p.m. when a carbon monoxide detector went off.

Four adults and three children from two of the three apartments in the building were taken to the hospital, said Boston fire officials.

Those officials say the power was out in the building and an oven in one of the apartments was being used for heat.

NStar said three or four houses in the area had been without power since 2:30 p.m. and it was expected to be restored by 11 p.m.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Boston

WheelMobile
Download Our App

Listen Live