Stop & Shop Issues Recall Of Bagged Salad
BOSTON (CBS) – Stop & Shop has announced a voluntary recall of several Nature’s Promise organic bagged salad items due to the potential for listeria contamination. All affected products have a “Best If Used By Date” of Jan. 15, 2011.
The following products are affected by this recall:
- Northeast Microwave Organic Spinach, 9 oz., UPC 789707002301
- Nature’s Promise Organic Baby Romaine, 7 oz., UPC 688267039072
- Nature’s Promise Organic Baby Spinach, 7 oz., UPC 688267039065
- Nature’s Promise Organic Baby Spinach, 16 oz., UPC 688267088957
- Nature’s Promise Organic Spring Mix, 7 oz., UPC 688267039089
- Nature’s Promise Organic Spring Mix, 16oz., UPC 688267088964
- Nature’s Promise Organic Spring Mix w/ Herbs, 7 oz., UPC 688267104237
- Nature’s Promise Organic Sweet Baby Lettuce, 7 oz., UPC 688267086403
- Nature’s Promise Organic Baby Arugula, 7 oz., UPC 688267049439
- Nature’s Promise Organic Baby Spinach & Spring Mix, 7 oz., UPC 688267086410
- Nature’s Promise Organic Caesar Salad Kid, 10.75 oz., UPC 688267123573
- Nature’s Promise Baby Spinach w/ Ranch Dressing & Fork, 3.5 oz., UPC 688267123559
- Nature’s Promise Organic Caesar Salad w/ Caesar Supreme Dressing & Fork, 5.75 oz., UPC 688267123566
- Nature’s Promise Organic Spring Mix w/ Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing & Fork, 3 oz., UPC 688267123542
No listeria illnesses have been reported to Stop & Shop.
Customers can call the company (State Garden) at 888-841-6191 for more information.
More from the press release:
Listeria is a common organism found in nature. Consumption of food contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes can cause listeriosis, an uncommon but potentially fatal disease. Healthy people rarely contract listeriosis. However, listeriosis can cause high fever, severe headache, neck stiffness and nausea, which can arise up to several weeks after consumption. Listeriosis can also cause miscarriages and stillbirths, as well as serious and sometimes fatal infections in those with weakened immune systems, such as infants, the elderly and persons with HIV infection or undergoing chemotherapy.
Customers who have these products should discard them and bring their purchase receipt to any Stop & Shop for a full refund. Customers looking for additional information may call
Stop & Shop Corporate Brands toll free line at 1-877-846-9949. Consumers may also visit our website at http://www.StopandShop.com or contact State Garden at 1-888-841-6191 for more information. If customers have any health concerns, they should contact their doctor.