Dumbest Snowstorm Mistakes We Make?

We’re New Englanders, so you’d think we would have this snow thing down by now. But it’s obvious by heading outside, that’s not the case.

Check out the amusing suggestions for the dumbest snow mistakes we make, coming in on my Twitter feed, and by all means, add your own.

Watch Jon Keller’s report on WBZ-TV

Listen to Jon Keller’s report on WBZ NewsRadio 1030

You can listen to Keller At Large on WBZ NewsRadio 1030 every weekday at 7:55 a.m. and 12:25 p.m.

More from Jon Keller
Comments

1. Yak says:

I always seem to shovel around my car and THEN decide to clear the car itself, which of course piles snow right back where I shoveled! Someday I’ll learn

2. Barbara says:

tonite I tried to squeeze my Explorer into a tight space next to a snow bank, so close to the snowbank in fact I couldnt open my cardoor! when the person to my right pulled out I went to adjust my parking, and I was almost STUCK on the snowbank.

3. Steve says:

About 15 years ago on 495 near Bolton, a car spun out. Everyone was going slow, and there was no accident, but a few minutes later, the same person who spun out went passing everyone on the right.

4. Stephen Stein says:

LIke Steve says above – one of the biggest mistakes is thinking you can drive as fast in snow as you can on clear roads. Another is in heating your home – fire dangers and carbon monoxide dangers are much higher when you’re snowbound.

(I was going to say the danger this time was in listening to WBZ meteorologists, who were downplaying this, instead of listening to Harvey Leonard, who nailed it. But that’s a cheap shot.)

5. Hmm... says:

It’s a tossup between retrieving the morning paper in my slippers after a snowfall, putting off buying a new car battery or forgeting to renew my AAA membership. All just brilliant – not.

6. KathyD says:

Nice swing, Jon. Pitchers and catchers report in 18 days!

7. Bob Turner says:

Obediently shoveling the city’s sidewalks while the city itself never clears its own sidewalks at neighborhood parks, tot lots, basketball courts, etc, leaving us all to walk in traffic. Check out Allston-Brighton parks for proof. If you think the sidewalk in front of your home is yours to care for just try chopping a hole in it to plant a tree. Wouldn’t shoveling snow be a great way to put our unemployed to work?