Weather Alert Monday: Snow During Morning Commute | Forecast |

How Was Your Ride This Morning?

BOSTON (CBS) – So how was your ride to work this morning?

Not good? Did it take you two or three times longer than usual?

Were the roads properly treated or did you find yourself behind someone who has trouble driving in bad weather?

Need a place to vent?

Please share your comments with us below.

Comments

1. Me says:

My commute from Mansfield to Concord took me 2.5 hours…. NOT GOOD!

2. Josh Wardell says:

My 25-min commute from medford to essex took 1.5 hours instead of the usual 35 min. A large delay was caused by two lanes of 128/95 N closed so crews could use large equipment to push old snow up and over the side guardrails…something they could have done after rush hour (or any of the past 5 days).

3. Ian says:

What do you mean “was”? I’m still trying to get to work, over 3 hours. It’ll probably be 4 times as long as my normal commute. Wish my company advised us to work from home, what a waste.

4. rightstuff says:

I don’t get this either…where I work you can do 99% of stuff remotely from home. Still, the pressure is to show up at the dnager to yourself and others. Don’t get it. Most people aren’t even here yet, stuck on the road. They could have been working from home for the past three hours.

1. drmm027 says:

danger is not dnager

5. Debbie Cerundolo says:

495 was horrible, didn’t see 1 plow during my 2 hour drive which normally takes 20 minutes. 18 degrees out?! Where’s the rain??

6. giselle says:

Hour and 45 mins from South Natick to Worc Rte 9 – via Rte 9. No one went above 30 and the slush is worse than ice – everyone was sliding all over, even the 4 wheel driver vehicles

7. PC says:

2.5 hrs Westborough to Downtown BOS

8. Michelle Heller says:

2 Hours and 10 minutes from Sharon Ma to Newton Centre MA

9. Ben Mayo says:

2 hours and 15 minutes from fall river to providence- normally a 20 minute ride on 195.

10. MS says:

2 1/2 hours from Uxbridge to Marlborough. UGH!

11. emk says:

Took an hour and a half from Uxbridge, MA to Worcester. 146 was clogged w/ drivers going 5 mph due to slush and rubberneckers looking at accident in the South-bound lane. What a nightmare.

12. April says:

2 hours & 45 minutes from Worcester to Sharon.

13. Michael says:

My wife was stuck in traffic on RT1 going from Peabody to Boston for two hours it normally takes her 25 minutes she was not happy.

14. lisa says:

awful. plymouth to braintee took over 1hour on rt 3 north. roads were slushy and icy

15. debbie says:

awful-took me 1 hour – normally takes me ten minutes. from one side of natick to the other!!!!

16. Katie says:

It stunk! Took me three times as long as my usual. From Framingham to Southborough. Rotten timing, snowing during rush hour = no time for the plows to work the roads. We should have all stayed home.

17. Jonathan B. says:

2 hours from Medford to Framingham leaving at 7:50 A.M. Terrible!

Although I guess it could’ve been worse, as I have a rear-wheel drive sports car!

18. Mike Eisenhower says:

3 hours from South Boston to Southborough. Managers should allow employees to work from home on days like this…not looking forward to the ride home.

19. macmum says:

This time of year I love my commute! 30 seconds from the second floor to the first floor office. But the roads out here in Middlesex County are awful now that they are turning to slush!

20. Debbie says:

My less than 18 mile commute took me just about 2 hours.

21. J.K. says:

I left Sharon at 7:15 and arrive in Waltham at 10:15. a 26 mile trip that under “normal” conditions takes 45 minutes took 3 hours today. I got off 128 in Norwood and took local roads all the way to Waltham. 95, 128 and the secondary roads were not that bad at 9AM this morning.
    Road conditions were slick, but not ridiculous. I saw sanders, but no plows (it’s debatable whether there was enough to plow).
    This is becoming a much too common scene. It’s a cry for better infrastructure and better (affordable and reliable) mass transit.

22. Kim M. says:

Took me 1 1/2 hours from Wilmington to Burlington. Just slightly better on the way home…took me an hour. Ugh!

23. Rachel G says:

Took me 40 minutes to shovel my driveway. I leave my driveway only to realize that it is impossible for me to leave my street because of the huge pile of snow the plow left at the end of my road. My commute was nonexistant… I couldn’t actually leave to get to work!

24. J.W.B. says:

Totally agree with J.K. Couldn’t bother with commuter rail as I kept getting delay notices early in the morning. Took 2.5 hours to get from Easton to Longwood Medical Area. The delays are understandable with the weather and volume of traffic…but the apparent lack of treated roads in Boston, compounded by unreliable mass transit, makes for a horrible, no-good, very bad, day!

25. Cynic says:

30 Seconds to the Kitchen…..5 Minutes to put the coffee on……5. minutes waiting for it to brew….30 seconds to the Couch…. 11 Minutes Flat…Not bad.

26. S says:

1.5 hours Cambridge to North Reading. 93 N less than 5 miles per hour

27. Lisa says:

awful going home rt3 sounthbound. People speeding caused a multicar crash, backed up for 2 miles from rockland to hanover. A normal 30 minute ride from braintree to plymouth took one hour and a half.

28. Worcester says:

Because I wasn’t in any hurry this morning or 2 this afternoon, my 15 min. ride was 15 @ 5am and 25 @ 2:15pm.

29. Commonsense says:

Companies that can have employees WFH and don’t, should be fined for having employees commute on days like this. Recoup some of those spiraling auto and health insurance costs… eecially when they farm out jobs to remote folks in other countless, what’s the issue with working from home anyway?