Curious About Where To Put All The Snow In Boston

BOSTON (CBS) – Drive or walk around Boston and you will realize just how much the snow limits where you can go.

For residents living in the city, shoveling out is not easy because there is no where for the snow to go.

Someone Declared their Curiosity via Twitter, saying “Where does Boston want us to throw the snow if not into the street?”

WBZ-TV’s David Wade navigated the snow banks to try to find an answer.

More from Declare Your Curiosity
Comments

1. Charlie says:

Usually they have snow melters, I’m not sure why Boston doesn’t considering the design of the city, maybe this is the reason why we lost a seat, if things don’t change the state will lose another seat in ten years, they don’t want change , a

2. Italo says:

Good point, Charlie, but that wouldn’t fly in Boston because it makes sense. Anything sensible in Beantown equals disagreements and falling through the cracks. But if we gotta have a police detail to rush the Sox to Fenway Park or someone loses control of their bladder because one of the Public Gardens bronze ducks gets swiped — watch out, we’d better evacuate the city! ..Priorities, after all! ;)

3. Cynic says:

In New Jersey when it snowed the sidewalk plows would push the snow out in the street. The Street plows would make a big mound down the center of the Street. Then a big machine would come down the street,gulp in the Snow,melt it and spit the water out the back.Of course that was only 50 years ago…not long enough for the Boston people to hear about it.

4. blackbear says:

Hey Cynic,
    Like we care about what happens in NJ. It is only there for the rest of us to tell jokes about.

5. Cynic says:

Yeah, but they did know what to do with the Snow.The law of averages says that they are occasionally going to do SOMETHING right.

6. DStein says:

All this just reaffirms my decision to NOT live in the city. I can put my snow wherever I want to. And I don’t have to try to save the parking space I just shoveled out with a chair, a trash can, an orange cone. etc.

7. Janice Hegeman says:

I saw some enterprising young men building a snow fort on WBZ4.

1. Cynic says:

I hope that they got their $200.00 Building Permit from Inspectional Services. Then of course there will be the Real Estate taxes on the Struicture.

8. emom says:

I think I will use a flame thrower and melt it and create an ice skating rink,,, that will take care of the stuff …

9. emom says:

Cynic where the heck you blogging from you always know so much about everywhere….. hows that NOT FARMING WITH NOT VEGETABLES.

1. cynic says:

The World is my neighborhood…..The way I sing,I have to keep moving.

10. Patzak says:

Why can’t the snow (if it’s unsalted/sanded) be hauled to the ocean/rivers?