WBZ-TV Transmission Issues Notice Read More

Moving Day..Heading Back Into The Chill

By Meteorologist Joe Joyce, WBZ-TV

A cold front is on the move today. This is the boundary separating the balmy mild air currently in place from much cooler air to our North and west. This colder air will wait until tonight to finally push in. Plenty of low clouds and fog this morning. Visibilities are gradually starting to improve after a very murky start. Scattered light showers and sprinkles have been pushing through from time to time. Temps have started in the 40’s…and that is just about where they will remain today.

The cold front has pushed into western New England this morning and should finally be pushing off the coast this afternoon. Along this front will continue the possibility of periodic showers.

I am watching two different disturbances. The first are the showers moving from PA into NJ. The 700 mb Vertical Velocities on the GFS show tremendous lift over southern New England this afternoon. Some of these  showers will push into southern New England this afternoon to lock in the clouds and may provide a few lingering showers especially south of the Pike. Showers are having a tendency to weaken and break apart moving through the region. ..so they are light..but enough to keep roads wet. This may keep it a bit damp at Foxboro.

The second is the energy and storms coming out of Virginia and the Carolinas. As the cold front pushes off the coast this afternoon, it will likelyy slow and stall. A wave of low pressure will ride up along the front and provide Southeastern New England a bit more rain which will linger into the evening hours. After midnight the low will push through and the clearing and cooling trend will commence…with temps dropping into the 20’s by dawn.

Sunny and cooler weather for Monday with highs in the mid 30’s. A eak low will push out of the Great Lakes and weaken over us Tuesday providing clouds and a chance of a few flurries by night. Breezy NW winds on the back side will provide a reinforcing shot of cooler and dry air for the mid week.

The snow storm we have to watch out for will start as another weak low from the Great Lakes…but this time energy will shift to the coast with a secondary low  developing south of New England and become a stronger storm over the ocean. Phasing of the jetsreams allow this storm to intensify…but the timing, placement of when the northern and southern streams will merge will still be critical to the forecast and is nothing but speculation at this point.

Most models agree on a strengthening storm off our coast in the late Friday-Saturday Time period. The question is  does this storm get it’s act together in time to provide an accumulating snowfall to us heading into the weekend and how strong will it be?  Right now it certainly appears like we will get some snowfall, especially in southern New England along with some gusty winds at the coast. This will not be a “bomb” like the last one…but it could ramp up fast enough for a quick 3-6+” of snow by Saturday.

Behind this storm the cold will continue it’s full cort press into next week with air on the move right in from Canada. Enjoy the these waning moments of warmth while they last…

1. JimmyJames says:

I hope all the winter haters are enjoying this weekend because its back to reality starting tomorrow and maybe even colder weather next week. Its look like a good shot of snow late week. I am not going to give an impact yet since it is early but I don’t see a repeat of last weekend at the moment,

2. BaileyMan says:

is this blog not functioning lost 2 posts!?

1. Longshot says:

Bailey, I just had the same problem. The blog does have some tech issues from time to time.

3. WeatherWizard says:

Happy New Year Joe!

4. kent says:

jimmy do you think next weeks artic outbreak will be record breaking? what are the chances of 3-6 inches next week?

1. JimmyJames says:

I don’t this it will be record breaking cold but I do think there is a good possiblity it could be the coldest air we see al winter.

5. leo says:

12z gfs doesnt show a big deal for Friday and Saturday. Storm moves right along south coast and out to sea. No bombogenesis! on to the next model run

6. BaileyMan says:

Well some discouragement regarding the potential of a BIG snowstorm from latest gfs runs and Euro. However, the last Navy Nogaps 00z run did show a BIG snowstorm here in southern NE friday into Saturday! hoping the Nogaps has the right call 5 days out this time! back to errands!

7. leo says:

Models dont have a clue right now! Its a guess right now. Actually its always a guess from five days out!

8. JimmyJames says:

The models are going to go back and forth. This is going to be a fun week watching things evolve. I don’t see a repeat of last weekends blizzard at the moment but I think there is a good shot at some snow late week.

9. Adam says:

Okay time for joe joyce to get off the Snide,in his blog he says he cant be confident about next weeks storm then he throws out 3-6 inches!!! can you say HYPE joe.your the only guy that does this on the weather team .

10. Willy13 says:

Folks, the 12z JMA defintely has the storm next weekend. The JMA hit the last storm and was consistent through all the confusion on bad initializations. The model has a 975 mb low east of MA at 168 hrs…….

11. adam says:

it is clear from barry burbank (listening to his comments) that he is not happy at wbz4,he did not take it lightly when wbz shafted mish michels and then clotheslined sarak wrobleski.barry is going through the motions now and coasting into retirement who can blame him. the team around him is filled with pretty boys and pretty girls with no weather knowlege what a shame and downfall at the station good luck barry and welcome to corporate america

1. Topkatt88 says:

Please change your name back to mike3, “landi”, and be constructive on the blog.

12. Topkatt88 says:

BaileyMan… Ever since this site was changed it’s been plagued with “issues”. Still hoping they get those fixed. And on a weather note, I hope you don’t put too much faith in the NOGAPS. That model has never proven itself worthy.

13. WeatherWizard says:

Henry Margusity said this morning that we have two possible snow events this week.
    1. Storm one comes through around the 7th (1-to-3-inch range).
    2. Storm 2 comes through (on the 8th) into the NE with the potential for a blizzard across New England as the storm hits the coast and bombs.

14. matt says:

i see possibly 3 possible times we could expierience snow . a really light snow event late tonight through monday morning. with isolated 1 inch amounts. another wednesday with anywere from 2 to 4 inches interior with 0 to 2 inches on the coast and another storm later in the week into the weekend. thursday night through sat morning . time and amounts and exact track not locked in do to the fact it is still 4 to 5 days out. happy new years every body. lets see what 2011 slaps us with this year weather wise

15. adam says:

topkatt you know what im saying is true so stop kissing up and being a coward and tell it like it is,it doesnt matter who uses what name but the point of the comment,is your name topkatt? no so stop being critcal of others.

1. Topkatt88 says:

1) I know Barry Burbank. And your post is nothing but lies.
      2) My name is Brian.
      3) Have a nice day.

16. coastal says:

Topkatt88, your like the phantom gourmet of this weather blog. :)

1. Topkatt88 says:

It’s funny you should mention that, coastal. I sometimes give Mr. Phantom weather outlooks on Facebook for his outdoor events. :-)

Dave Andleman is a friend of a friend.

1. philip says:

Topkatt, is there a local celeb that you DON’T know personally? ;-)

17. leo says:

Blog fairly quiet today now that the storm outlook isnt quite as strong!

1. philip says:

Leo…The next storm is a good 5-6 days away so there is plenty of time to yak about it. The models will likely be all over the place for awhile. :-)

18. Topkatt88 says:

Oh I don’t know Dave personally. Just on FB. There are many I don’t know in person philip. I would say the most famous person that I was personal friends with was the lead singer of the band Boston (he was friends with my brother). They have both left us and I miss them greatly.

19. Topkatt88 says:

My original January forecast is not going to be even close at least for the first 2 weeks of the month. Everything is happening 2 to 3 weeks after I thought it would.

The high latitude blocking tendency is not really going anywhere for a while, though it may reconfigure itself beyond 10 days. I’m impressed with the ridge that the 12z GFS is painting later in the period over Alaska. This is going to make Canada very very cold with a polar vortex parking itself there. And with hints of the more normal La Nina Southeast ridge showing up, this may set up quite a battle zone somewhere from the Midwest to Northeast toward mid month.

1. southshoretom says:

my wife and kids are off to Disney mid month, so, for them, I am hoping that the southeast ridge might reemerge a bit and give them a warm trip to Florida. Florida has had several cold blasts already this winter.

1. Topkatt88 says:

We’ll see, but the timing may work out!

2. Longshot says:

Topkatt, as I said about 27 blogs ago, everything is 3 weeks late: hurricane season, fall, foliage, cold air, etc. Have no idea why but that seems to be the pattern.

1. Topkatt88 says:

Longshot, I actually remember that post you made. :-) The atmosphere does that from time to time. It has since the beginning of time, or as our departed friend Don Kent would have joked “the beginning of my career”.

20. coastal says:

I love Boston! I went to one of there concerts at greatwoods. I’m sorry they are not with us anymore.

1. Topkatt88 says:

Brad was awesome in Beatle Juice. When my brother was alive he got to play 2 shows with them (bass guitar) as gracious Joe Holaday sat out so he could play, one at a private cookout party, the other at Johnny D’s in Somerville. Great times. :-)

The Somerville show was in November and I remember it being a very cold night, getting my psyched up for winter that year (1996-1997).

1. The Bruins Guy says:

Hey TK Johnny D’s is my family’s joint. Small world!

21. RMB says:

Topkatt, i can’y believe some of the comments and lies on this blog, WOWWWWW!! Anywat keep up the good work and you said battle Zone, would that mean ICE STORMS????

1. Topkatt88 says:

I’m not too worried about those posts. I usually just report them, but sometimes the record has to be set straight first.

In terms of the battle zone. Ice storm risks always increase in that pattern, but just the same if the blocking is strong and/or the polar vortex is far enough south, you’re looking at a very cold pattern with powder snows. If the vortex retrogrades, you’ll see storms hug the coast more or come inland and the messy precip scenarios set up. La Nina + blocking probably sets up more possibilities than most winter weather patterns.

22. Topkatt88 says:

Bruins Guy… Haven’t been there for a while but always enjoyed the times I was. It sure packed up with people when Beatle Juice played! But it was always comfortable.

23. Charlie says:

Wow there could b some areas that get a coating to an inch even 2 in some isolated areas after 6 or 7 pm

24. RMB says:

Topkatt, i was wondering if u were still interestd in getting everyone together?? I had to dish it back to the person KENT that was trying to be annoying… Have you ever ventured down to RI?? Good places down here..

1. Topkatt88 says:

Been to RI. And there is interest in it. Just getting through the post-holiday cleanup before I start really setting something in motion. My initial thought is to try to set something up a little closer to Boston to minimize travel for the majority of people. I realize that not everybody can make the trip here or there or wherever, but there can always be other gatherings planned as well. Doesn’t have to be a one-shot deal.

25. philip says:

Topkatt, in my winter outlook I predicted a few brief but major warmups during parts of January and February. Does that seem less lilkely at this point?

I also did predict more ice storms for SNE including one for Boston.

1. Topkatt88 says:

Not totally, philip. As you see we are toward the end of one right now. A slight reconfiguration of blocking, a little retrogression here or there, and you can suddenly shift things as we did for the passage of this weather system.

We’ll see more of that too, but it’s likely to be less frequent an occurance as long as the blocking remains dominant.

As stated above, that could change toward midmonth.

26. leo says:

Euro looked pretty goog. 981 mb low about125 miles east of plymouth. That would be some pretty heavy backlash snows with high winds. Can anybody with more experience comment on latest euro!Thanks

27. phil says:

yeah just what we want to do RMB is drive an hour into RI to meet you lol

28. RMB says:

Phillip, lol lol, hey it’s a small state, but lots to do!!!! Just an idea i guess!!

1. philip says:

RMB…just to let you know, “phil” is NOT me.

1. Topkatt88 says:

I think ‘phil’ may be the groundhog, who has woken up exactly a month early, and is now bored, so he’s BZ Bloggin’. :-)

29. BaileyMan says:

Topkatt, I hear what you are saying regarding the NOGAPS model. I was just putting that out there as the current outlier to pin hopes for a Big Snowstorm! That was by no means a forecast by me! I am too cautious for that! lol but I will say, the POTENTIAL for a big storm here still exists! And regarding models we all get caught up in the hype when 1 model or another projects a Hugh storm! IT like a relationship or, an emotional roller coaster with ups and downs!! We know better than go for the feeling or, hype at a moment in time, but, we just can’t help ourselves! We are too quick to forget from the past! WOW!! Did I ramble or what?!! lol sorry but that how any projections of a Snowstorm can kind of play on me! I will with hold hope for a big storm and go with what my experience and head say and simply wait out the MANY future model changes!! Here is hoping for model consolidation for a Blizzard!!! Lol ha!

1. Topkatt88 says:

I’m sure we’ll see 39 scenarios painted over the next 6 days…

30. leo says:

Radar pretty impressive down in Virginia area. I think we might see some surprises tonigt! Im not dismissing this as a nothing event like some people have this morning, but we will see

31. leo says:

Im going for 1-3 inches south of Boston tonight!

32. RMB says:

Topkatt he is when of them!!! I thought he was joking around?? Well if when you do have time to set things up please let me know anyway, also you have been quiet on this wave of moitsture in the Mid-Atlantic?? I think we might see some slippery travel tonight…

33. Southie says:

Did I just read some snow for tonight on this blog?
    I didn’t read that in Joes weather summary!

34. leo says:

Topkatt said just a coating in some areas. I

1. Topkatt88 says:

Just have to keep an eye on things this evening. We’ll be in a decent zone for brief light to moderate snow if everything comes together and times out perfectly. So we can’t totally discount it.

35. Topkatt88 says:

There will be an area of precip moving through from SW to NE tonight. Temps should be just cold enough aloft to support mix/snow, but may be too warm at the surface to sustain more than mix/rain. You won’t have enough intensity to drag enough cold air down to make it be snow in any area long enough for more than a slushy coating. The greatest chance for a period of steady precip is from Boston south. Of course as you go further south it will be milder, so then the greatest chance of slushily (is that a word?) coating an area will be around Boston, just to the west, and just to the south of the city. Roads would be fine. I think by the time it’s cold enough to support snow that would cause some road issues, the main moisture will be gone with just a few flurries left behind. Let’s see what happens, if anything.

36. manowx says:

I would like to take exception to the widespread fallacy that air is dragged to the surface by precipitation. Emperical evidence has established evaporative cooling but cooling by the physical movement of air by hydrometers has not been established. Instead it is more likely that cooling occurs by conduction from hydrometers.

1. Topkatt88 says:

Though you may be partially right. Air is nearly always in motion. If you pass liquid (raindrops) or solid (snowflakes) downward through air. You briefly displace air which then needs to be replaced. And since these air displacements have slight downward momentum due to the physical movement of the liquid and/or solid, the resultant replacement motion takes on a downward movement as well. Compounding this process will result in downward motion of air, the strongest example being a downdraft in the precipitation region of a convective cloud. It follows then that the air molecules themselves are in motion.

You often hear meteorologists (media, private, and government) refer to this dragging-down process, so they all believe it to be so.

Perhaps you can present your theory as a speaker at New Year’s Southern New England Weather Conference. :-)

1. Topkatt88 says:

That should read “next year’s”, not “New Year’s” – I think I still have holidays on the brain. :-)

37. BobfromActon says:

Topkatt where did you get your advance degrees from? you do know your stuff! at least technically!

1. Topkatt88 says:

U Lowell, the same school that produce the great Barry Burbank! (before it became UMass Lowell).

38. BobfromActon says:

topkatt is there any chance in your opinion of a large ocean storm forming south of new england friday and then nailing us? in other words couldnt what the computers said earlier come back full circle? and where can i see the JMA model ????? anyone give me the feed and what does it say about the next storm??! thanks

1. Topkatt88 says:

My very early thoughts are that our greatest chance of snow will be from the final piece of energy moving just south of us on Saturday. Lots of time to refine this. At this point I do not see it as a “classic” snowstorm.

39. manowx says:

Interestingly, as the column of air including near the surface falls further below freezing. the cooling effect of hydrometers shuts off. That’s because a snow crystal’s temperature does not stray far from freezing.

In thunderstorms there is a physical transport of air aloft called downdrafts but that is an entirely different process. This occurs becaus there is physical movement of air called an updraft. i.e. what goes up, must come down.

1. Topkatt88 says:

You are correct about that. I used the thunderstorm example to simplify and it was actually more complex.

1. Topkatt88 says:

However, to add to this, in non-convective precipitation there is also a transportation of air aloft. It just occurs more indirectly and at a slower speed. In overrunning you are still moving warm air up a slope, lifting it, and condensing it, with eventual downward motion of not only precipitation but also the air it’s falling through, just not as strong as in the convective processs.

40. Mark says:

why didnt joe joyce update us on the slippery roads for tonigt?

41. Scott says:

its pretty cool to go to a large area of snow cover, and see a layer of fog sitting on top of it. there still is a snow pack in Marblehead(northshore).
    we do need more snow later in the week to fill in those grassy spots, which i dislike to see in the winter time.
    remember, the last storm, took until the last 2 or 3 days to nail down the exact path of the storm, the storm for later this week is like 5 days away, so anything could happen. we seem to be in a cold and snowy pattern nevertheless.

42. TammyWeather40 says:

with a potential storm 5 to 6 days away all models can do is outline potential trends there will be a storm to deal with off the atlantic but the specific location of that storm when it deepens is simply not possible for computers to accurately project at the moment. so take heed at the moment these forecasts are pure conjecture! they couldnt even accurately predict the amount of precipitation running up towards sne at this moment so the hell with any 5 to 6 day forecast! its a joke

43. Mark says:

cold and snowy scott? which part of the country do you live?

1. Scott says:

after this thaw, the models showed a cold and snowy pattern from my point of view.

1. ScottF says:

Some people just look for a reason to bust others chops.

44. BobfromActon says:

Topkatt do you agree Barry and Harv on ch 5 are the best tv mets?

Personal opinion, yes.
      Professional opinion, I have respect for all that work or have worked in this market. It’s not an easy place to work sometimes.

45. BobfromActon says:

can someone give me a link to the JMA model which allegedly says we are getting a Big storm saturday?!! thanks!!!!

46. manowx says:

Well, in thunderstorm the elements are large enough to cause fristional drag and thus a weak vacuum to the rear. This represents a physical movement of air to the surface. With snow crystals this drag is much less. It is my fervent hope that Topkatt and I can change the business of how weather processes are communicated on television.

47. manowx says:

that’s frictional drag

48. BobfromActon says:

with all your technical mumble jumble you would think someone could actually precisely predict the weather at least when big storms are factored in?! lol

Japanese model link anyone? jma??? thanks!

49. leo says:

I think we might actually get a good slug of rain tonight and just ending as some snow. Dewpoints are still pretty high in western New Enland and the cooler air is taking its time getting here. I think we will get more precip than forecasted with a warmer solution.

50. terryQ343 says:

in a period of 2 hours projecting ahead at least 5 days the national weather service is now saying just a chance of snow showers friday and this weekend! they dropped the chance of snow?!! already? hmm? 5 days out?! premature i say!

1. matt says:

the models are not agreeing and they are basing there forcasts on one model.and they never had the chance of snowover 50 percent so they were not so confident on their forcast. also they just changed the steadier snow to snow showers but did not change the possibility of snow falling from the ski . Actually read the forcast. they are just saying that there will be the possibility of this storm being more of a band kind of storm so snow at times with clouds at others

51. matt says:

1 tonight a chance of rain showers changing to snow showers from nw to se.
    2 a little clipper system will produce some light snow. wide spread 1 to 4 inches. inspect the lower amounts on that range do to the fact that it is smaller and quicker than anticipated this morning.
    3 a coastal storm might effect us sometime thursday night through sat night. precipitation rally unknown as of now it all depends on streangth an track of the storm. it could be snow for every one or a mix with rain for the cape and islands we need to look into to the possible large storm.

52. matt says:

1 tonight a chance of rain showers changing to snow showers from nw to se.
    3 a coastal storm might effect us sometime thursday night through sat night. precipitation really unknown as of now it all depends on streangth an track of the storm. it could be snow for every one or a mix with rain for the cape and islands we need to look into to the possible large snow storm. even if it mixes

53. kent says:

Topkatt where is the get together going to be?

54. BobfromActon says:

ok i give up apparently no one can help me with the link to the JMA model? on well? lol i try

55. leo says:

NWS issued a special weather statement e few minutes ago on tonights rain to snow scenario with the possibility of an hr or two of moderate snow in some areas and slippery roads tonight.

1. southshoretom says:

nice job Leo……you raised this possibility very early this morning.

56. WeatherWizard says:

Latest from NWS in Taunton:

1. southshoretom says:

Hi Hadi.

I was just on that very site too……Bob, if you google JMA weather model…a couple of sites will come up for you to choose from.

57. BaileyMan says:

ok there is a possibility of an early morning surprise snowfall especially away from the immediate coastline say around 495 belt a slug of rain is building over much of new jersey and expanding in a northeast manner! it should actually pass through sne overnite and early monday am the question of course is? does it turn cold enough aloft and at surface to change to a period of steady snow for a few hours?

58. BobfromActon says:

thanks a bunch Hadi !!

59. BobfromActon says:

i do have 1 question though hadi? what do i click once im am in the website? thanks

1. Hadi says:

Not sure I have not used the website.

60. Hadi says:

So I took a look at the EURO mean and they are most west then the operational run. Shows a beauty of the storm for us. This thing will change more than I have to change diapers:))

61. Scott says:

as with all storms Hadi:) (this year especially!)

62. Southie says:

Yikes Slippery roads for a Monday morning commute!

63. chris 72 says:

Question: How many models do meteorologists look at when tracking a snow storm? How many years have the models been around and if models always present bogus data are they discontinued from use? Just curious.. Thanks

64. BaileyMan says:

surprise, surprise! now casting and looking over synoptic data and enhanced precip.
    wouldnt be surprised if some areas of sne get 1 to up to 3 inches of snow overnite and into mon am! computers are not handling it well! also, do NOT rule out this weekends BIG storm threat! im going 3 for 3 since joining this GREAT blog! remember you heard it here first!

65. Charlie says:

It’s gonna be icy for the morning, it’s gonna be a layer of ice with an inch on top of it

66. philip says:

Jeremy Reiner is calling for a coating to an inch for all of eastern MA between 11 pm-2am.

67. Italo says:

If it becomes an active snow season, I hope it isn’t one where we get the typical non-summer-period, Boston weather pattern of snowstorms and bad weather hitting us always on the weekends…I don’t wanna spend my weekends off shoveling the white stuff! ;)

68. BaileyMan says:

looking at latest 18z GFS the Storm Threat late this weekend and especially Saturday is BACK on!!!! too close for comfort with an exploding storm just east off shore of massachusetts moving very slowly northeast over time! that run shows potentially 6 to 12 in over 2 days with alot of wind!! however, should it Bomb a tad further south then indicated?! which is possibe! Blizzard would ensue Saturday am! so the model dance continues!

69. Scott says:

18z GFS looks decent

70. Scott says:

wow, just compared the QPF between the 12z and the 18z runs of the GFS, precip is further south. its a good trend. although, the 18z GFS (as some have said) should be taken with a grain of salt.

1. Topkatt88 says:

Both 06z & 18z runs … When they are spot on it’s usually for the wrong reason or just by chance. Sometimes I think they should eliminate both of those runs unless they find a way to launch balloons 4 times a day.

71. leo says:

Rain is coming in pretty fast. we might not have enough time to change to any meaningful snow.

1. Topkatt88 says:

That stuff is hauling, and unless there is precip growth in the favorable jet region, snow will be limited and the entire event will be over by midnight.

72. BaileyMan says:

ah sorry to say someone stole my blog name and said i am predicting 1 to 3 inches of snow tonight? ah sorry that was not me!!

73. BaileyMan says:

funny but the 2nd latest blog was me

74. leo says:

41F in EastBridgewater with very dense fog, far from snow!

75. BaileyMan says:

i still predict a storm this weekend but that blog of 6 to 12 was also not me!

76. Hadi says:

Wbz should make us create a username andvthen it can’t be used again.

77. BobfromActon says:

topkatt normally i would agree with you about the Gfs but, if you research the last 2 storms it was the 18z runs that was most accurate and consistent over time! go figure? i just did look them up!!!

1. Topkatt88 says:

That may be true, but 2 storms is not going to do it for me. I’m sticking with what has worked the vast majority of the time for me for many years…

78. Hadi says:

I do agree Hadi he he he

1. Hadi says:

This was not the real Hadi

79. RandomName5362883 says:

Until they frce us to create usernames this blog has become too difficult. Between Bailyman spamming the board with his posts and dozen or so alter egos that compliment his predictions, and the ease of coming on annonymously and saying whatever it’s too difficult to sort through the BS to see when someone is actually serious

80. BobfromActon says:

can someone tell me WHY? mike w on channel 5 tonight is even a tv met???? i mean come on now he seems like a great guy but, as a Met he is the absolute worst around! and that jeremy R on channel 7 is also not very good! Topkatt88 , Hadi, Weatherwizard, BaileyMan, Jimmy you all would do alot better on television!! how do you look ?

81. BaileyMan says:

umm? random i take great offense to what you wrote! i am NOT Spamming the board with anything other then this name!!!!!!!! and i am new and did pat myself on the back for the last 2 storm predictions i grant you! but its only because im new to this and currently on the winning side! Besides i would only do this annonymously and tongue and cheek because it is a BLOG!! i know i really not hit all storms! But can i have fun??? you owe me an apology but, i wont expect you to give it! besides it seems as if you are the one who may be spamming the board?!! correct?!! haaaaa! ??? fess up!?? lol sorry i had to vent that was un called for!

82. Hadi says:

I think really sad and pathetic that people log in under other people’s name. You should be ashamed of yourself for doing this!!

For crying our load this is a weather blog we are not solving national security. Give it rest and let’s talk about weather

83. leo says:

Nice slug of rain moving in, too bad its not snow!

84. RMB says:

hadi i agree and wish u the best!!!!

1. RMB says:

That was not the real RMB, this is getting old real quick with this nonsense… I hope this person can grow up..

85. Topkatt88 says:

….my gut is telling me that we have an inside runner this weekend. No model shows it, but current atmospheric conditions as well as volcanic activity in central Australia points to inside runner and rain for much of southern New England.

1. Scott says:

why am i so curious into why this isnt the real topkatt

1. strye44 says:

I agree Scott, There is a new blog from Barry

86. Topkatt88 says:

You’re right on the button, Scott. It wasn’t me. It’s the troll that we all know. It’s time for a user login. This blog system is not helpful for anybody.

87. Topkatt88 says:

It’s the “big man behind the keyboard” which translates into a coward. And they know it. You guys know me well enough to pick out the fakes.

88. Merlin says:

I sure was wrong about the last storm so I won’t bother guessing about this next one! Happy New Year to one and all.