Winter Storm Warning Issued; Snow To Continue Overnight

BOSTON (CBS) – There is a winter storm warning now in effect until 5 a.m. on Tuesday for the Cape and Islands.

Six to 12 inches of snow is expected there and Boston could see between 2 to 4 inches.

Check: Latest Weather Forecast | School Closings

The snow is created slippery spots on the roads for the evening commute. Heavy backups were reported on several of the major roadways.

The treacherous road conditions even prompted officials to close the Bourne Bridge for some time.

WBZ-TV’s Christina Hager reports.

The heaviest snow will wind down early Tuesday morning, but it will still snow on and off throughout the day.

Watch Joe Joyce’s Forecast.

More from David Robichaud
Comments

1. Charlie says:

Its snowing, here in Taunton we have a half u
    Inch

2. Charlie says:

Yes yes yes, bridgewater just called in plow drivers for 200pm, they got about an inch

3. Patty (Barnstable) says:

I’m on Cape Cod and it’s beautiful. Driving on Route 6 this am was slow about 30 mph, 4 cars off the side of the road nothing major. Keep it slow cause it’s going to snow lightly for the next day or say (so they say ? ! )

4. jit says:

been snowing lightly in kingston/plympton all morning…driving is tough… must be 3-4 inches

5. Charlie says:

Just came back from bridgewater, They r plowing with 2 maybe 3 inches, I can’t believe we r gonna have a white Christmas, Jim cantore was right

6. sean says:

I wish they were doing a better job of sanding and salting the streets of boston IE Comm and Mass ave, its a skating rink out there.

7. John Joseph Grimes says:

Funny how I don’t recall hearing this on Sunday’s weather forecast. They scare us for a week about the “big storm” coming and then call it off at the last minute. Now the “weather people” are giving this revised forecast without uttering the phrase, “Wha happened”.

8. Phoenix says:

I agree with John. This always seems to be the pattern…. the weather reporters get everyone whipped up in a frenzy about a storm that never materializes and then we’re immediately smacked with a small storm that brings big headaches because no one expected it. Meteorology is not a perfect science. I understand that. But WBZ’s weather reporting can really be unnecessarily sensational and/or inaccurate.

9. I?m impressed, I need to say. Really rarely do I encounter a weblog that?s both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you may have hit the nail on the head. Your thought is outstanding; the issue is one thing that not sufficient persons are speaking intelligently about. I’m very blissful that I stumbled across this in my search for something referring to this.