Skulls Found In Box On Huntington Avenue

By Kate Merrill, WBZ-TV

MISSION HILL (CBS) – “I couldn’t believe it! I double-taked and I had to take a picture of it.”

Bunker Hill College student Paul Hamblin was shocked to see a box sitting on the flowerbed, containing two skulls. “It was propped up and under (the skulls) were cushions, it was like someone cut out an eighth of a blanket.”

And he wasn’t the only one who saw it.

Pamela doesn’t want us to use her last name, but she tells WBZ it was disturbing. “I don’t know…it’s creepy…it was strange.”

But not everyone on busy Huntington Avenue was paying attention.

WBZ-TV’S Beth Germano reports.

Hamblin tells us, “What was unnerving about it was when I took the picture, there was people walking by paying no mind, so I thought it was maybe a display someone put up.”

Hamblin snapped the shot and went home. Only later, when he saw police, did he realize someone put them in a nearby dumpster. And hours later police hauled the entire dumpster away. “I’m glad someone took it,” said Paula. “I wouldn’t know what to do with it.”

Police say a construction worker inside building 762 found the box in the basement.  The apartment is just a few blocks from Harvard Medical School.

The medical examiner is now testing the skulls for DNA.

More from Kate Merrill
Comments

1. Lena Kip Sullivan says:

“It’s not clear yet if the skulls are human.” ?????? What else could they be?

2. cynic says:

They look Human to me….Maybe you could put an ad in Lost and Found.Meanwhile if I see anyone on Huntington Ave without a Head I’ll mention this to them.

3. Cynic says:

Isn’t 760 Huntington a Barber Shop?….I think it used to be owned by Sweeney Todd.

4. Chip Gelmini says:

Where in the building were they discovered? Did they come out of a CLOSET perhaps?

5. Ellen says:

Wonder if it was some kind of collage prank?

6. cynic says:

I wonder if this being in the middle of the largest medical area in the world a factor?With Harvard Medical School and half a million Hospitals I wouldn’t be surprised to find a few hundred Skeletons hanging around.

7. c says:

anyone seen a hamlet impersonator?

8. cynic says:

Thie one on the Left is kinda Cute.

9. cynic says:

Skeleton Trivia…..When I was young we found a whole skeleton while playing at the dump.. For years afterwards I thought that all poeples skeletons were held together with wire. Someone told us that most skeletond came from India because they didn’t bury people there,they left them out for the birds to pick them clean.