Elderly Woman Assaulted Outside NH Rite Aid

MANCHESTER, NH (CBS) — Police are looking for a man who shoved an elderly woman to the ground and stole her purse outside a Manchester, NH store Sunday afternoon.

The incident happened at the Rite Aid, located at 270 Mammoth Rd. around noontime.

WBZ-TV’s Paul Burton reports.

suv Elderly Woman Assaulted Outside NH Rite Aid

This SUV was seen leaving the Rite Aid after the assault. (CBS)

The 87-year-old woman told police that she had just parked her car in a handicapped space and started to walk toward the store when a man violently shoved her to the ground, grabbed her purse and ran away.

The woman suffered injuries to her face, forehead and lower left leg, police said. She told police all of the money she needed to pay her bills for the month was in her purse.

The suspect is described as a white man in a dark hooded sweatshirt and light pants. He may have been driving a dark colored SUV with silver under panels.

Anyone who may have information about the incident is asked to call Manchester, NH police at 603.668.8711 ext. 355, or the Manchester Crimeline at 603.642.4040.

Comments

1. chuck says:

All seniors should be allowed to carry guns/mace ..then we would see an immediate drop in the crime rate against the elderly

1. Christine Budd says:

What a loathsome creature to attack and rob an 87 year old woman. I am sickened by this crime. I would like to be able to send a message of support to this lady. Is there a fund being set up for her to which I can contribute or perhaps an address to which I can send a letter/card in support? Please advise.

Thanks,
      Christine

1. C Paulsen says:

If a fund is being established, I would also like to give some money to help this woman. Catching this guy will not get her money back immediately.

2. Bill Mahoney says:

I would also like to dsend money if you give me the information as well.

3. Jacqui Place says:

I’d like to send a donation. I am concerned about scams (unfortunetely once bitten, twice shy) How can I be sure this is Legit?

4. a friend says:

There has been a donation account setup at St Mary Bank on hanover st in manchester nh for this lady. Donations are greatly appreciated. Please call teh bank for more information (the store will also have the info)