Northeastern tech found dead, cyanide suspected
Milford police are trying to figure out how a Northeastern University lab technician found dead at her home got her hands on what appears to be cyanide.
30-year-old Emily Staupe was found dead in her Milford home Sunday.
Police think she ingested the cyanide to kill herself.
Police arrived at Staupe’s house around 2:30 a.m. Sunday, after her family called for help.
Her brother and about a dozen firefighters and police officers were taken to the hospital as a precaution, in case they came in contact with the dangerous substance. Everyone checked out to be o-k.
Northeastern officials expressed sympathy for the family but declined to comment further.