JP rooming house burns

WBZ-AM

WBZ-AM

Fighting fire and tough weather conditions, Boston firefighters battled a blaze at a rooming house in Jamaica Plain Tuesday morning. 

The fire was in an expansive two a half story rooming house at 133 South Street.

The fire started on the second floor and went to 4-alarms as it spread straight up in a hurry causing heavy damage

Three people were transported to the hospital, including two firemen, according to deputy chief Jay Fleming:

A resident was also taken away, apparently suffering from heat exhaustion.

With the high temperatures the deputy said he had to rotate those guys in and out of there.  now word on an exact cause. 

The chief calls the fire accidental.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Boston

Summer of Savings
Download Weather App

Listen Live