Propane gas tanks ignite Charlestown fire
More than 100 firefighters battled near triple digit temperatures in fighting a fire in Charlestown Tuesday.
It began on the roof at 38 High Street and went to four alarms.
Investigators say the day’s heat ignited open propane grill tanks which are illegal.
It’s estimated the temperature on the roof had reached 125 degrees.
Six firefighters and two civilains were taken to the hospital. Others were doused with garden hoses after exiting the four-story building.
On top of the building, flames could be seen coming through the roof.
On the ground, a medical tent was set up to treat firefighters.
All residents got out of the building safely.